File cabinet

Nick POV:

I had just finished my work for today and it was 7:00 which is a lot earlier than how long it usually takes for me to finish. Since I carpool with Judy, I waited at my desk twiddling with a pen in my paw. While staring blankly at my computer screen, I heard a loud "thump" from somewhere in the ZPD, with an "oof" following. I then heard carrots call for me.

"Nick! Could you come over here please?"

"I'll be right there Carrots!" I said yelling back to her, getting off from my chair.

I followed her calls until I finally reached the room she was in. I walked in to see Judes struggling to get a file from the drawer. I guess it's too high for her to reach. She kept falling off of the tiny step ladder that held her since she was on her tippy toes. Still struggling, I chuckled slightly and called to her since she didn't notice me.

"You need help with that?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

She whirled around to see me coming towards her. "Well obviously," she stated dryly.

I laughed a little again from her tone. I came up to the Bunny trying to get the file still. "Could you hold me up or something?" Asked Judy.

I nodded."No problemo Judes." I held out both of my paws close together so she could step on them to get to the other taller files drawers above. It didn't hurt my arms when she put her whole body weight on my paws since she is very light. She stood on the file drawer below her so she could stay put. They really need to make the file cabinets shorter. I decided my work here was done so I began to walk off.

"Hey wait Nick, stay right there. I need you here still so I can come back down." Judy said still rummaging through the files.

"Please Carrots, that's not the only reason you want me to stay," I replied with a tone which knew what the other reason was.

Judy scoffed. She stayed quiet until she finally answered."...And some company would be nice."

Satisfied with her answer, I stayed with her in the room. I just watched the bunny look carefully through the files, finally finding what she needed and looking carefully through it. She looked at it like as if she were studying for a test. Her cute little nose would twitch ever so often, and her amethyst eyes would relax from squinting at the file for so long. Wait a second... Did I just say her nose was cute? Yes, yes I did. Ugh Nick stop doing that.

I was beggining to get bored. I sat on an office chair nearby and brought it back to where Judy was. 7:30. I started feeling sleepy, I could feel my eyes starting to droop involuntarily. Then all of a sudden...

"Woah, what the--!"

Judy slipped from the file cabinet which Nick had helped her climbed. Just before she hit the ground though, I had held out my arms in the NICK of time. She was screaming her way down so it had startled me awake. I was holding her princess style now. She was still squinting until she realized she felt furry arms instead of a hard ground under her. She opened her eyes slowly and she stared at me with wide eyes. I looked back at her, both of us just staring at each other, a bit at a lost for words. After what seemed like an eternity, I realized that we have been staring for too long, so I gulped and blinked a couple of times to get out of our moment. She noticed that and finally breathed in deeply.

"T-thanks Nick, I would've had a head concussion if you didn't catch me," she said laughing awkwardly.

I gave a breathy chuckle and then there was that awkward silence again. She fit so perfectly into my arms that I didn't want to let go. I didn't realize that our faces weren't that far away until she finally said, "Ummm... You can put me down now."

"Oh right...sorry," I said quietly while putting her down gently. I could see that she was blushing very deeply.She stood there twiddling her paws together a bit embarrassed. Her eyes looking at the floor thinking to herself. Goodness she look so cute when she was like this. Judy doesn't show her soft side that often since she always so hard at work that when I see her like this, I can't help but love it. It felt so special.

I started feeling my face starting to heat up. Oh no... Don't let them see that they get to you, I thought to myself, trying my hardest to keep my cool. It's a good thing that I'm a fox, and a red one of that.

"Sorry that you had to catch me, I was starting to get sleepy so I guess I was lulling off to sleep and then next thing I knew I was in your arms," Judy said, breaking the silence again.

I brushed myself off like I had imaginary dust on my clothes, shaking my thoughts about Judy in my head I gave her a a little laugh and said," It's fine Carrots, I know you would do it for me too."

"Well I mean, I would TRY," Carrots replied, feeling a little more comfortable again.

We started laughing loudly together and began to walk out of the office. I'm glad that awkward moments like these were easy to drop. This little moment between us made it pretty obvious that she was embarrased but I'm glad that she didn't know that I was too. After all, you can't see a red fox blush.

Hey readers, that was the first story! Did you like it? If you want, please give it a review.
-sweetpotato855