Drunk Fox

Judy POV:

Nick and I always hang out and have a movie night together at the end of the month. We made it our own little tradition, just for fun. We always bring snacks and switch between his house and mine every time we did this. But the catch is, whoever is hosting has to pick the movie. This month, it was my turn to have it at my place. I thought hard, and the movie I chose was Fifty First Dates starring Adam Sea-Lion and Drew Bearmore as the main protagonists. I knew that this movie is dumb, but I wanted to have a laugh. Nick was probably going to be sooo mad when he sees that I chose this, but I didn't care. So long as we have a good time together, it didn't matter what the movie was at the end of the night, even if Nick despises it.

I began tidying up my house, making sure to pick up things I found scattered here and there. I always have to make sure that my place looked at least somewhat presentable when guests came over. After finishing that little job I took, a quick shower and put on the comfortable clothes I always wear at home. A loose T-shirt with yoga pants up to knee length is my favorite combo. I finally started getting the snacks from the pantry and laid them on the counter.

While in this action, I heard my door ring, I knew it was Nick. I hurried to the door and opened it, seeing my favorite sly fox behind the door.

"Hey Fluff! Know what the movie is gonna be?" Nick asked as he proceeded through the door.

I chuckled, knowing how Nick was going to react. "Yup! But I don't think you'll like it..." I replied, feeling a mischievous grin creep onto my face.

Nick's ears flattened. He looked to me and said, "Oh no... Don't tell me it's--

"Fifty First Dates!" I cheered as I held the DVD up, as if I were a proud of this choice.

Nick groaned as soon as he saw the DVD. "Are you serious? This movie is crap!"

I just smiled despite his disappointment and responded, "I know, isn't revenge sweet? You did choose The Shining when it was your turn, and you know how much I hate scary movies." Nick groaned as he remembered his choice. I started again, "Come on Nick, it'll be hilarious! We can laugh at how dumb it is together!"

Nick sighed and laughed half-heartedly at my words. He started walking towards the couch while saying, "Only you, Carrots. Only you."

I giggled at him and brought the snacks over to the couch. There was quite the variety of treats so once I got there, I spread them out on display. Nick also brought snacks, and copied my action. I swiftly went to the DVD player and inserted the disc in. I came back and plopped down next to Nick, already grabbing something from the stash.

A few moments later the movie began. Nick shook his head while crossing his arms, giving me a "why-did-you-do-this" kind of face. I just chuckled at him though, Nick's reaction was so priceless.

As the movie continued, Nick mumbled out, "Well, it's a good thing I brought this for me... "I glanced over to see Nick pull out a large bottle of Smirnoff.

I gasped, I had a brief memory of the night when I got terribly drunk. That probed me to ask, "Nick, why do you have that?"

Nick looked at me with his usual slack face and replied, "I wanted to bring something different for a change. I guess I brought it at the right time considering the movie we're watching. Want a sip?"

I immediately shook my head. There is no way I'm getting carried away and black-out drunk again.

Nick shrugged at me and said, "Suit yourself, more for me." At that he took a swig. I felt tempted to have a taste, but I knew it was for the best that I didn't drink tonight.