Beach Fun

Judy POV:

"Oh man, oh man! Today is going to be great!" I yelled with excitement and happy anticipation. Today was mine and Nick's day off. I was so happy to find out about this since work can be well, work. Nick said that he was just going to chill out at home, but I just couldn't let him since it was a perfect day to go swimming. So I dragged him along with me to walk to the beach. It's only 35 minutes away on foot from where my apartment complex is so why not? The weather was wonderfully warm so of course I couldn't help but want to go to the beach. I was holding a violet duffle bag and a multi-colored umbrella in one arm while my other hand was gripping Nick's forearm. Nick didn't want to go and was acting grumpy, but I know he would soon not be anymore since we are going to have a great time splashing in the warm waters of the beach.

"Jeez Carrots, I mean I get that it's a nice day and everything but it would be even nicer if we both just stayed at home," Nick said gruffly with a sigh.

"Nick stop being a party pooper, you're going to happy that you came along with me," I replied, becoming a little frustrated with his constant need to stay at home, but keeping my optimistic attitude.

"Well I didn't come, you dragged me," Nick retorted, bringing his slowly slipping green duffle bag back up to his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes, still determined to have a good time with him today.
"Whatever Nick. Just know that if you Sat at home all day, you would regret it."

With an exsperated sigh Nick mumbled out with doubt in his tone,  "Whatever you say Carrots."

We had finally made it to our destination. The water was more clear than what I had imagined. The sand had a smooth, sleek look to it, While the vibrant sun shined on the crystal-like water beautifully. The swaying palms around the area made it even more wonderful. There wasn't a whole wild bunch of mammals here, but it was enough to make it seem lively. Nick and I examined some young elephants running and playing, while other mammals were either laying on the sand or swimming.

Taking in the new surroundings, I finally said," Welp, we better go find a spot to put our things."

We trudged along the sand until we found a pretty good spot to put our things. Nick helped me make a deep enough hole to stick the umbrella in, and then buried the hole once it was in. I took out a large blue towel and laid under the umbrella. I then plopped myself on it getting my bathing suit out of my bag. While taking the contents out, I saw that Nick was also on the towel. But he was splayed out, while closing his eyes.

"Nick, what are you doing?" I inquired.

"You go swim cottontail, I'm on lifeguard duty," Nick replied, still keeping his eyes closed.

"Oooohhh no, no, no Nick, you are going to get in your trunks and go swim," I demanded, dragging him up onto his feet.

Nick groaned," UGH Carrots, why do you want me to swim so bad?"

"Because swimming by yourself is boring! Come on Nick, do it for me, please?" I replied, looking into his emerald eyes with such hope.

I saw Nick think to himself for a little.
Finally sighing, I knew he made his decision."Fine Carrots, for you."

"Oh thank you Nick!" I said jumping into his chest to hug him tightly. I could tell that Nick was taken a back, but he soon gave into the hug too, sighing.

I let go, and I lead us to the bathrooms. Quickly I hurried up and put on my one piece, dark lavender bathing suit. Making any adjustments to it in the mirror, I finally came out of the stall and out of the bathroom. Nick was still getting ready so I waited outside for him.

"You almost done Nick?" I yelled to Nick in the bathroom.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming out right now," Nick replied.

I heard the door open and I quickly turned around to see Nick in his green trunks with a black lining on it.
His fluffy orange tail swayed slightly behind him while he adjusted his trunks slightly. Seeing his créme- colored and fit chest made my face heat up slightly. If there was one thing I had to say about the fox right now was that he looked rather good in swim attire.

Nick noticed me checking him out after he was done fixing his trunks so he got me out of thoughts by saying," Jeez Carrots, look at me any longer and you'll start drooling."

I saw him smirking at me slyly. I felt embarrassed that he saw me staring.
"W-what? I wasn't looking," I denied.
"Let's just go swim already!" I said walking away quickly to recover from my embarrassment. Nick chuckled at my actions and started walking towards the beach too.

We finally made it near the water, so I instantly started gaining speed to cannonball into the water. I made it in and came from under the water laughing gleefully.

"Come on Nick the water is great!" I said, now swimming while laying my back on the water.

"Alright Judes, here I come!" Nick said running to the water and diving in.

He had splashed me while diving inside the cool water, So naturally when he came back up to the surface, I splashed him back playfully. We than had a full-out splash fest in the water. It felt so childish but I couldn't ask for more than to hang out with my favorite Fox.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was finally 8:45 and we had already gotten out of the water at 5:30. After getting out, we went to go get lunch somewhere from a nearby food stand. Then once we were done we walked along the beach talking with each other. It was getting pretty dark out so I was going to tell Nick that we should get going now.

"Wow, Carrots look at that," Nick said in awe while pointing to the sky above us.

I looked up to see a million stars glimmering above us. I gave out a gasp by how magnificent it looked. We don't usually see the stars out since in the city there are so many cars, Bright stores, and streetlights at night. The beach is apart of Zootopia, but since it's such a wide one, the lights were far off. The calming sounds of the waves drifting in made it all the better. Me and Nick just stared in awe for a moment at the night sky. While still looking above at the twinkling diamonds, Nick was already on the ground lying down on the ground with his hands intertwined on his stomach. I looked at him briefly, and then decided to join him. He continued to stare at the sky, but I slightly shifted my view to look at Nick. He looked so tranquil with his half-lidded eyes and naturally sly smile. I smiled to myself, I'm so happy I brought him along.

"Hey...Nick?" I said softly while his eyes were still fixed on the night sky.

"Hm?" Nick hummed.

"I just wanted to say... Thank you for coming along with me. I'm glad that I'm here with you right now on this beautiful night. I really needed this."

I looked back up to the shining stars again. Except for this time, I felt Nick's eyes watching me. I noticed this and saw Nick looking at me with gleaming eyes.

"I'm glad too Judes. I should be thanking you. You are an amazing bunny." Nick said with a sweet smile.

I felt my cheeks heat up from his compliment. He brought me closer to his chest  by wrapping an arm around my waist and so I not wanting him to see my face, buried it into his chest. I could feel his heart beating fast. Is he nervous? I ignored it though and continued to lie my head in his chest. I felt so blissful being here with Nick, I never wanted to leave. I knew it, today was great, no perfect.

Hey hey hey, so what did you think? I really wanted to do a sweet little beach chapter since they are great. Hope you liked it, This was fun to write!
-Sweetpotato855