Chapter 19

Cameron POV

***********

She was killing me slowly. Something was wrong but, she wouldn't tell me. She tried acting all happy but, I felt the unhappiness. I so used to the happiness that when the sad and anger came out, it hit me. I felt it and I wanted to fix it but, couldn't.

I wanted- no I needed to know why she kept that fake smile on while I was there. Why couldn't she just talk to me? I was hers. I was her man and she knew... she had to know I would do everything in my power to fix it. No matter the situation. I would kill for her. No questions asked.

The ride home was pretty quiet and with every second, I felt myself losing it even more. I had to fight the urge to pull the car over and demand what she was thinking, what was making her act like this. I didn't know what to do.

Everyone was happy to see us and she kept the fake smile on the whole time but, even Sarah noticed it. Didn't react though just looked over to me confused. I just shrugged smiling nervously.

"I'm gonna head upstairs to take a shower" she whispered turning to me and I just nodded not knowing what else to say. I leaned down pressing my lips to hers as she quickly pressed her lips to mine then left. Leaving me there fuming.

Once she was upstairs and the door was closed, Sarah was hounding me with questions and everyone was waiting for my answer. I was just as lost at them, We were great and then her mood suddenly changed.

"What the hell happened? Before you guys were practically about to have sex in the kitchen now she's sad and barely can talk. She looks like she's about to have a breakdown" she snapped and I just shrugged looking at her just as confused. I wanted to know the same damn thing.

"I don't know. The week was amazing. It was perfect and she loved it. She was smiling the whole time then right before we left, we went for a walk on the beach. Everything was perfect then, it just ...disappeared. I looked over to her and saw her eyes watering but, fought them. Even said it was probably the wind and sea water" I quickly stated making her frown and look around.

"Maybe she's sad you guys had to leave" she suggested and I instantly I shook my head. If it was that easy, we would move there right now and never come back "It's not that. This is serious but, I don't know what. I don't know what she saw on the beach that caused this" I panicked running my hand through my hair.

"Why don't you compel her to tell you" she suggested. Thought of that but, I couldn't do that to her "I want to more than anything but, maybe she's not ready. I can't force her to tell me" she seemed to agree with that.

"I guess the best thing to do is to wait" I said taking a deep breath picking our bags up and heading up the steps. I heard her start the shower and while she stayed in there I just unpacked our bags making sure everything was done before she got out because when she did, I wanted to talk to her. I wanted to at least let her know she can talk to me.

I waited till it stopped and sat on the bed facing the bathroom. As expected, she put the smile on as she came out heading to her dresser. I couldn't help it, I just hurried to her and pulled her into a hug tightly kissing her head gently.

I didn't stop there I kissed her wet shoulder gently then spoke before she could say anything.

"I know you're hurting. Don't say you're fine because I know you're not. I won't force it out of you. When or if you're ready to talk I'm here okay?" I whispered pulling away to look at her. She looked at me and swallowed hard. It did calm her down a bit but, it was still there and it made me upset.

She nodded hugging me again tightly in silence. I didn't hesitate to scoop her up and carry her to the bed. We laid on the bed barely talking until she fell asleep. I was in a fight with my instincts the whole time though. They wanted to go into her mind, but I wanted to respect her.

I just closed my eyes but, then instantly sensed her "What are you doing" I was demanded as Sarah came in the room quickly looking very determined. She rolled her eyes crossing her arms across her chest.

"Same as you. Trying to find out what's wrong with her" she stated walking to her side of the bed and I got up stopping her instantly. Thought she agreed to respect her privacy? I couldn't let her do it no matter how hard I wanted her to.

Sarah rolled her eyes pushing me "Don't you think maybe she's not telling you because it could hurt you or she's not sure how you'll act" she whispered making me freeze and think. I sighed looking down. What if she was right? What if she wasn't saying anything because she was afraid? Did that make this more acceptable to do?

I quietly moved out the way as she walked over to her and just as I finally turned, she touched her head quietly. Her smiled turned into a frown "What" I demanded walking closer panicking instantly. Fuck respecting her privacy. "What happen Sarah?" I demanded growling and she sighed pulling away looking at me "You didn't mess it up" I relaxed a bit. "Kinda" My head snapped back to her.

"What does that mean?" I growled out. She took a deep breath biting her lip for a second. Before I could scream at her, she spoke up "It's not because of you, it's what you are Cam. It's not a problem now but, it will be in the future. When she thinks it's time to settle down and when she's ready or wants to-"

"Have kids" I whispered.

My heart instantly hurt when I played everything back in my mind. The beach the family, the little girl running on the beach, the pregnant lady. Once she looked at them, that's when everything shifted for her. How could I be so blind?