The Tribute Parade

I was so nervous. I knew all I had to do was walk and wave. But these people were the only way I would get special things in the arena.

My palms were sweating, and I felt embarresed about it since I was holding Peeta's hand.  I thought I was going to vomit. 

 I needed all the help I could get. People that are 12 have never won the hunger games before. The youngest that ever won was 14.

And he got the most expensive gift ever. It was a trident. I couldn't barely watch that year.

The boy, Finnick, stabbed everyone that came near him. He also threw that thing really well. He never missed.

I think the reason he got the trident is because he was so beautiful. He had golden skin, Bronze hair, and his eyes were sea green. He was definitely a looker.

I snapped out of my thoughts and started shyly waving at people. "Come on," Peeta said smiling at me. "You look great, so feel great." I started waving more confidently, and even blew kisses. People pretended to catch it. I giggled. 

Everyone loved Mine and Peeta's outfit. I never had all eyes on me before. I am usually a shy, laid back person. I never ever had an experiance like this, and never will again.

As the parade ended, I noticed the other tributes glaring at Peeta and me. They were jealous. 

I most definitely have never had anyone be jealous of me. I have always been lower class. District 12 has always been looked down upon. We were the poorest district.

Peeta and I go back to our rooms, and I wiped off all the makeup. I cannot believe they would put this much on a twelve year old.

Tomorrow is more training, and I knew I needed as much rest as possible so I slip on my nightgown, get in my bed ,and close my eyes.