The Games

If people could read my mind, all they would hear would be screaming. I wish I could die before I went in the games. I'm guessing the careers give you a slow death. 

I try to stay calm while Cinna dresses me. I keep covering my ears trying to stop the screams in my head.  It doesn't work.

Cinna studies my face, and pats me on the back. Stay strong he whispers in my ear.  I nod, although I doubt I can. I keep rocking myself, I would do this each time I had to watch the games, it helped when I had to watch those kids die. Right now it wasn't working.

I was so happy when Cinna was done dressing me in the game clothes. I needed to move around. Right now I was underground waiting for a podium to take me up into the arena.

I was being tortured right now. I bet the Chinese water torture is so much better then the emotional pain I am enduring right now. Everything is rushing through my brain.

The last fight I had with my friends and family, and all the good and bad things I went through with Katniss and Mom. And all the boys I had little crushes on at school. 

Then I heard what I was dreading to hear. The ding signaling I had to get on the podium. Cinna wished me luck with a pained expression on his face. I whispered, "goodbye" as I started to go up.

We all had to wait sixty seconds before the games started. If you tried to start earlier you would be blown up. Sounds nice, huh?

I had extreme butterflies right now. I held my stomach. I was afraid if I didn't i'd go insane. "Ladies and Gentlemen The Hunger Games has begun," the person with the speaker said.

The ding went off, and I jumped off my podium. Gale's voice went through my head, " get right out of the Cornucopia."

I grabbed a little pack that was near to me and ran towards the woods. A knife flew right above my head. I about died.

I ran deeper and deeper in the woods. I needed to go as far as I could. My chest was burning and I wanted so badly to rest. I heard cannons going on and off. I hoped Peeta was okay. I was surprised I was okay.

The images I saw before getting out of the cornucopia scared me, I saw kids like me being killed by other kids.

It was so evil for the people to put kids through this. Once I thought I was deep enough In the woods I  looked at my pack. I had an empty water jug, a sleeping bag, some beefy jerky, some crackers, sunglasses, and a knife.

While I was looking, I heard a stick crack behind me. My heart stopped, and I turned around.