The Plan

"Ok so here is the plan," Peeta told me. "You and me will sneak of to where the careers are and while they are asleep tonight we will attack."

"What about the one taking watch?" I asked. "Well Prim, I was thinking we could come up behind him and knock him out." He smiled at the thought.

"Why can't we just kill him?" I asked. "Well because his cannon would go off and wake the others."  he replied. "Oh that's true!" I said.

 We had the whole day to prepare for tonight. I was excited but also so nervous. One flaw in the plan and one of us would be dead faster then you can say, food.

Yeah you can tell I'm hungry.  "Peeta" I frowned. "I am really hungry."  "Yeah, me too." He said. We dug into our pack and ate our remaining food. 

I was satisfied after that. We then pulled out our weapons to see what we had. I had my bow and arrows and Peeta had a belt of many knives. "Will this be enough?" I asked.  "Yeah, I am sure it will be" He smiled.

We then took a nap. The gamekeepers turned the weather way down in the arena. I was frozen. I had only a light jacket.

Peeta turned and looked at my shaking body. "Lets get the sleeping bags out of the backpack." "Gooddd I- i-deeaaaa" I said shivering. He took out one for me then one for him. Even in the sleeping bag I was still cold but warmer than I was earlier. 

"Peeta, does having short hair make you colder?"

He laughed, "I don't know I have never had long hair so I don't know what it is like."

I grin,  "that's true."

Peeta and I really slept until dark then got ready to beat up on the careers. We walked behind the one on watch, I believe his name was Marvel.

Peeta took his elbow and came down on the shoulder. Then took his fist and hit him in the head. He went out like a light.

The careers were all sleeping peacefully,  when they are asleep they don't actually look like they could rip your neck off. "On the count of three," he whispered. I nodded. "One", "Two", "Three"  We yelled and got our weapons ready.

The careers now were up and also got there weapons too. Cato was about to kill Peeta with his spear and I shot an arrow at him.

It missed his heart but hit him in the arm. "OW!" he yelled, and dropped his spear. Peeta hopped up and killed a career girl.

Her cannon went off. Cato glared at Peeta and held up his spear about to kill him but turned and threw it at me.

I wasn't ready for that, I tried to move but my feet were stuck. The spear came and got me in the thigh. I cried out and dropped to the ground.

Peeta turned to Cato and threw his knife at him. It landed in Cato's foot.

Peeta ran towards me, and plopped me over his shoulder and ran out of the career's area.