Lies

"Mabel?" I hear Grenda and Candy's voices chime, causing my eyes to widen as a gasp escapes my lips. "Candy, Grenda!" I say, turning around, running to them, hugging them tightly as they hug back. "I thought you left, Mabel." Grenda says.

Oh no. What am I supposed to tell them, I left my brother to stay for Pacifica? No way! "Oh, uhh.. I was supposed to.." I start, my hand finding its way to the back of my neck, "but uhh.. We were able to stay!.. Yeah!" I try to convince. They probably don't believe me. I don't even believe me. "Dipper and I are going to school here now.. Heh.. Yeah.."

Grenda and Candy squeel with hearing that, causing them to, once again, hug me tightly. "Mabel we have to have a sleep over tonight!" Candy chimes in, causing my eyes to widen.

"Uhh.. I-I can't.. Y'know, school's starting Monday. Gotta' get ready for it.. Sorry." I explain, hoping they take the excuse. "Oh. It's okay. Then this next weekend, for sure!" Grenda speaks up, causing a nervous smile to be on my face. "Uhh.. Definitely.."

"So," Candy starts, "where's Dipper?" Can I not get a break? "Oh," I start, panicking even more than before, "he's uhh.. You know, studying because he's a bookworm!" I fake a smile, not sure if I'm able to do this for much longer.

"Welp," I start, "I have to go now, really busy! Bye guys! See you later!" I quickly run off, stopping behind a building to catch my breath, trying to calm myself down.

"I just lied to Candy and Grenda.." I run my fingers through my hair, letting out a deep sigh. "How could I have done that?" I start to panic slightly as I let out a breath. "Okay. Cool it Mabel.. You even lied to your brother.. What's happening to me?" I'm becoming someone I don't want to be. I'm starting to lie to the ones I love. I.. I have to tell them the truth! But- but what if they tell their parents?.. What if I have to go back home.. I.. I can't leave Pacifica now. "AUGH!" I yell out, becoming frustrated.

"Uhh? Mabel?" I hear Grenda, causing my eyes to widen as I quickly turn to face them, a fake smile plastered on my face. "Oh uhh.. Hey guys-" I gulp, nervousness coming over me.

"Is everything okay? You seem to be acting strange." Candy speaks up, causing the smile to melt into a frown just as the nervousness melts into fear. "I.. I lied to you guys.." I say quietly, looking down. "What do you mean?" Grenda asks. I take a deep breath. "Dipper.. Isn't here.. He's on his way home.. I think. I left him on the bus. I decided to stay.." I explain.

"But why, Mabel?" Candy asks. "B-because.." My face begins to heat up. I don't want to tell them the real reason. Pacifica is always so mean to us.. "Uhh I.. Didn't want to leave you guys! And this place! I love it here! But you can't spend the night!" That isn't a lie. I'm not lieing at all. I didn't want to leave. And I do love it here even though I almost died. "I don't think you'll be able to.. Grunkle Stan is pretty strict now.." Now there's where the lies begin again. "Since I, uhh.. I am going to school here now! So.." I trail off.

Candy and Grenda hug me tightly. "Yay!" They squeel as they practcally break my bones from the hug. Probably Grenda. "Heh.. Yeah.. Uhh. I'm uh.. Busy at the moment. Talk to you guys later." I say with a smile, waving them off.

"Bye." They say as they walk away. I take a deep breath, letting it out as I lean on the building, sliding to the ground. "I can't believe I lied again.. No- it wasn't a lie. I was just.. Bending the truth..? Yeah! That's it!" I hide my face in my sweater as tears form
In my eyes. "But I can't help but feel guilty for lying to them again.."

A/N
I got the app back! So I'll (hopefully) update more often! But no promises. I've been pretty out of it recently. But I will definitely try to update more. Also. Quick thing. I have an idea that will end this fanfiction probably a lot faster than it would if I kept going with my original idea. Don't worry, you have at least 9 more chapters to read. But should I do the idea I got? Or continue it on longer?