4.2 • Christine Fellow

We hear a thump then the door opens and Christine appears in the doorway. Her eyes widen slightly at the sight of my mum and brother.

I wonder how it's like to see two morons standing at the gate with their entire family.

Well, not entirely entire, but almost.

She greets us with a doubtful but polite smile as she turns to my mother, "Would you, er like to stay for t-tea? Ma-a-am?" she stutters and pushes her thick spectacles up her nose when it slid down.

She probably had never talked to my mum before.

Yeah, i'm probably right.

Before my mum could say anything, i quickly say, "Actually, my mom still have unfinished business at home, right?" I turn to mom.

"Yeah i still have to dry the- wait are you trying to-"

"Definitely not, bye mom!" my sister cut her off fake-cheerfully as i rapidly pushes Christine in her house just in case she's going to object.

You know, being the polite neighbor and all.

Once in her home, me and Millie sigh with relief.

"In point of fact, your mom is comparatively," she pauses, before finally deciding on the word, "something."

"Ha, even the legendary nerd has no words for my mom," i smirk. She blushes.

"Where's your parents?" Millie asks as she looks around. i did the same.

"Oh they're on a business trip."

Cliche. (that's what authors always say when they need a teenage character to be alone at home, and that's exactly what i'm doing, being honest the writer i am)

"Whoa your house is..." Millie turned around to take in everything. Her hall is quite different from ours. Her house looks more clean and kinda like the kind of modern big companies or that kind of stuff. You know, with the white smooth tiles and all.

"Really grand," i finish for her as i brush my hands over the grand piano which faces the staircase

"No, no, it's not lavish, it's just modest!" She shakes her brown head violently which causes her low ponytail to fly here, fly there.

(i did that on purpose)

We follow her upstairs, where the library awaits!

"You got to be kidding me..." escapes my mouth when my eyes meet the gigantic library which takes up the entire upper floor! The entire floor!!!!

Oh wait, there's another door at the corner.

"That's my parents' office," Christine explains when she saw the confusion in my eyes as she put the books on the short but big round table in the middle of the library away.

"It's locked," she adds when Millie tries to force open the door, like the busybody idiot she is.

There's rows of bookshelves plus stacks of books piled up around with Millie plops herself on one of the beanbags which surrounds the table. Christine sits on the floor and i do the same.

We get into business instantly. 

We, as in me and Christine, only.

Millie is busy reading a magazine which she must'd secretly brought.

Sneaky.

I'm telling mum later. HA!

"I need help with my Biology...it's so hard....." i sigh and takes out my textbook and pencil box.

Christine didn't reply i look up and see her engaged with a book.

Typical.

She must've seen that when she was clearing the table.

Now what do i do now?

:):):):):):):)

Very short chapter i know. It gets longer as it goes. Trust me. ;) But i took some time with the pictures above so, forgive me??? *puppy eyes*

Btw, the 'thump' was when Christine slipped and fall before reaching the doorstep. Didn't see anywhere where that could've been added but i thought you should know. To those who noticed the word 'thump', you got some eyesight over there!

Happy birthday!!! :D *presents**cakes**confetti*