memorial

Stefans pov.

These past few days we were all coping with two things. The first one we were coming to terms with Mirandas death and all of us were grieving in different ways. Like Damon flipped the switch and went to the next town over and went on a killing spree. I had to snap Damons neck and bring him back home. Once he saw the picture of him and Miranda on her first birthday he broke down crying I only seen Damon cry once and that was at our mother's funeral. I tried to be there for him but he didn't want me by him at all.Amanda just locked herself up in Mirandas room and cried all day and night she didn't eat or drinked at all. What surprised me was Klaus was right by Amandas side trying to help her cope with our loss. I was trying so hard not to flip the switch either. Miranda wasn't just my niece she was also the reason I didn't completely lose my humanity. No matter how mad or sad I was Miranda brought a smile to my face she was the only niece I am ever gonna have.

Elena was taking the animal diet very well. I took her hunting with me so I can show her how to hunt and drink the animal blood but not kill the animal completely

I decided today to take Elena hunting. We had woken up and it was a beautiful day so why not spend it with Elena she can work on her hunting skills plus we need to catch up on a lot of things. We had gone down to a nice part of the woods. I laid a blanket down and we both layed down Elena cuddle up to me. This was perfect cause I ever thought I would have her in my arms again I honestly thought she would have picked Damon cause I was an asshole to her and Damon wasn't. Elena had fallen asleep with her head on my chest, she wakes up, looks at me and smiles.

"Hi" she says sweetly. I smiled at her it felt right to have her in my arms again.

"Hi." I told her, I dont know why Damon does not see that the animal diet is working

This morning I was picking some stuff for our camping trip. Damon was in the room with me he pourd myself a drink I glanced over at him.

"I went to see Amanda the other day." he looks at me." she's taking it hard Damon."

"You dont think im taking it hard? She wasn't the only one that lost a daughter I did too."

"You both need each more than ever right now." which was true Damon and Amanda have not spent time together since the night Miranda died.

"She has her freaking watch dog by her side."

"She needs you more then ever right now and you need her too." I can tell Damon was thinking about it.

"Youre making a big mistake." Damon says.

"No, im not. Elenas been getting use to the animal blood now she's doing well." I told him firmly.

"Youre reaching." I know Damon has a lot on his mind we all do but he doesn't need to be talking like this right now.

"Maybe she'll be able to bypass all the things that we went through." I told him as he gets up.

"Delusional!" he tells me firmly

"Maybe she'll actually has a shot at this, its been a few days and she's doing great Damon why do you have to be like this." I half shouted at him.

"Wrong. You're just wrong,Stefan." he says as he glared at me.

"She wont be able to handle it if she hurts someone, Damon. Her compassion is her Achilles heel and everything is magnified right now." I tell him. Damon rolls his eyes.

"Then you better hope shes not a fan of bambi." he says then he walks out the room.

Elena and I were walking through the woods and we saw a deer in front of us eating. I could hear Elena breathing heavily now.