Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"I have to go Kenzie. I'll call you later okay? Bye." I hung up the phone and tossed my cheap flip phone unto the nightstand.

I lay there thinking about Hunter. He was beyond gorgeous, but there was just something about him that scared me.

I pulled the covers over my head and fell asleep instantly.

***
I walked up the smooth pavement steps of the school. I sat there waiting for Hunter, as I pulled the interview sheet out.

My mom offered to drive me because I told her I needed to be at school extra early to finish a project.

Where is he? He wouldn't bail on me... Would he?

I sat there for about five more minutes when other students started arriving. I was about to shove the sheet in my backpack and leave when he appeared.

His 6'3 frame towered over everybody. He had a black shirt and loose-fitted jeans that couldn't even conceal his athletic build. His dark hair that matched his eyes was styled messy but perfect.

He walked over to me and I stood up.
"Ready to finish this thing?" He asked me, sighing.
I nodded looking down at the sheet in my hands.

We sat against a tree and he started asking me questions.
I looked at studied his face while he looked down at the sheet.

That's when I noticed it.
He had a scar running across his cheek.

How could I not have seen this earlier?

"What's your favorite thing to do, besides staring at me " he gave me a smirk.

My attention snapped back to reality. I bet you my face was heating up. I was about to protest but there was no use. He obviously caught me staring at him.

How did that scar get there? I wanted to ask so badly but I knew better.

I didn't have a good feeling about it either.

We continued asking each other questions until the bell rang. Without so much of a goodbye, he walked away.

I decided I would tell Kenzie what was happening between us. After all, we have been best friends since kindergarden and I loved her to death.

I walked into the school, hoping to run into Mckenzie. No such luck.

I sighed and walked into biology, taking my seat right next to Hunter.

He had a thing for wearing all back. Now that I think about it, he wore a black t-shirt everyday.

Mr. Livenstone wasn't here yet so we had a little bit of time to talk.

"C-can i ask you something?" I faced Hunter.

"Depends on what it is."

"How did you get that scar?" I asked quietly.

I don't know why I asked. Something inside me was dying to know.

I wasn't really the type to go searching through other people's business but something inside me screamed at me to ask him.

He tensed next to me. I instantly regretted asking me.

Great. I think I made him angry.

His eyes narrowed into slits and his hands balled up into fists.

"None of your business." His voice held so much venom in it that I couldn't help but scoot my chair away slightly from him as his eyes pierced into my soul.

Was it really that personal?

"Sorry, i shouldn't have asked." I looked everywhere but at Hunter. I could sense the awkwardness.

Mr. Livenstone walked into the room and collected the interview sheets. "Savannah, I need to talk to you after class."

My stomach dropped.

"Don't worry your not in trouble." Mr. Livenstone said.

I breathed out a sigh of relief and Hunter chuckled next to me.

I swear he's bipolar.

Mr. Livenstone lectured the whole class, while I just sat there taking notes.

I noticed Tiffany was writing something. As she bent over her desk, her boobs were becoming more exposed.

Of course, the guys around her took advantage of this but Hunter didn't seem to notice.

Tiffany passed the thing she was writing, which I'm guessing was a note, to somebody and that person delivered it straight to Hunter.

I pretended to be writing as I saw out of the corner of my eye that Hunter crumpled it without even reading it. He rolled his eyes and yawned.

After ten more minutes of listening and writing, the bell rang. As always, Hunter was the first one out the door.

"You needed me, Mr. Livenstone." I said as I approached his desk.

Mr. Livenstone was about forty. He had glasses which made his eyes bigger than they seemed and he was balding in some spots on his head. He had a round belly and looked older than he actually was.

"Listen Savannah. If it isn't a lot to ask, I know that Hunter isn't the best at school and I was wondering if you could tutor him at the library."

Tutor Hunter? Yeah right.

"I don't th-" I started but he cut me off.

"I'll make you a deal. If you help him I'll give you extra credit in my class." He sounded almost desperate.

Even though my grades were good, extra credit wouldn't hurt.

"Okay I'll do it." I said. What do I have to lose?

"Thanks Savannah. I'll let him know."

I walked out of the classroom and unto my next class.
___________________

A/N

How did he get the scar...?

I hope u liked it!

Love u guys(: