Chapter 5

Hunter's POV

When we were in the library, I couldn't stop staring at her.

She was so beautiful, with her big blue eyes and long brown hair. I just wanted to have her in my arms but I think I scare her.

I reached across the table and took her hand, rubbing circles on it with my thumb

I couldn't take it anymore after talking to her.
"Come on." I said grabbing her arm. She seemed so hesitant, but she agreed.

"What about our books," She asked, biting her lip, which turned me on.
We went outside and I pushed her up against a wall.

I noticed she seemed nervous and scared at first but she relaxed a bit.

I pressed my firm lips unto her soft ones. She finally put her shaky hands in my hair and ran her fingers through the strands.

I wrapped my hands around her waist. 'For someone who's never had the first kiss, she's pretty good' I thought to myself.

Suddenly, she pulled apart and told me she needed to go home. I can tell how hard it was for her to look me in the eye.

Was I starting to have feelings for her?

'No, It was just a kiss. Nothing more' I thought to myself. She meant nothing to me.

Did she?

She deserved someone better.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, deciding I would never mention the kiss again. I only used her for my personal needs.

Savannah's POV

"He kissed me." I sighed.

"No way! Hunter? You mean the one who got into a fight with Heath last year?" Kenzie exclaimed over the phone.

The fight with him and Heath has been the topic of the school for a few months now.

Heath, a senior in my high school, hated Hunter. From the rumors I heard, Hunter broke his little sister's (Alexis) heart. They got into this huge fight and started hitting each other and whatnot.

But Hunter's much bigger and stronger then Heath. With his height and his strength, he knocked Heath out.

I know he's gotten into more fights, but I didn't know why.

"That's him," I sighed. I can't have feelings for Hunter. We're just biology partners.

Plus, I need a nice guy who could get along with everybody and get into a decent college.

"Savannah, I don't mean to be rude but Hunter is a player. You'll probably be just another girl on his list." Kenzie said.

For some reason, I felt hurt.
"No you're right Kenzie." I said. "I don't have feelings like that towards him."

Lies.

"Glad to hear. By the way, what about that pool party tomorrow after school? Did you get a cute bathing suit?" Kenzie said.

I flopped down unto my bed and crossed my legs up in the air.

"Kenzie, I really don't like parties. I'm not sure I wanna go." I told her.

"Please Savannah! You wouldn't make me go alone." Kenzie whined.

Kenzie was friends with everybody. She could get anyone to go with her.

"Please Sav please! It'll be fun i promise." She tried to sound convincing. Gosh she was stubborn.

I realized she wasn't going to stop bothering me until i said yes.

"Fine. Just this once." I exhaled.

"Yayy! You're the best." I can feel Kenzie smiling through the phone.

"Ugh, I gotta go Savannah. Come to my place tomorrow after school and we could get ready together. Bye!" The line went dead and tossed my phone unto my bed.

I honestly didn't want to be around a bunch of drunk teenagers. I didn't even curse.

***

I got a ride from my mom the next day. The car ride was silent, but not in an awkward way.

My mom's brown hair was pulled into a neat ponytail and she was dressed in her work clothes. Her eyes seemed brighter than usual.

I should tell her about Hunter, but now's not the time. We're almost at school.

"Thanks mom." I reach over to kiss her cheek and climb out of the car.

She drove away and I made my way up the steps. I listened to heavy footsteps behind me.

It was Hunter, looking more gorgeous than ever. But he walked straight pass me without saying a word.

I didn't bother to look for Kenzie, knowing it was impossible to look for her in this huge crowd of kids.

I sat down against the tree, Hunter and I were at when we finished our biology assignment.

I spotted Heath along the swarms of people and he made his way over to me.

Why would Heath want to talk to me?

"Hey, Savannah right?" He said, grinning at me.

I nodded. Well he was a lot more enthusiastic then Hunter.

"You're cute, did you know that?" I turn bright red and look away.

He chuckles. "I hope to see you at Tiffany's pool party today."

Wait, Tiffany was the one throwing the party? Great.

He walks away and I find Hunter leaning against the school building, his eyes narrowing down at Heath.