Chapter 19

"Savannah I love you. I love your hair, your eyes, your smile. I love you so much and I am who I am because of you. When I'm around you I feel so calm and relaxed. I've never felt this way about anybody ever before. You makes me smile so much. Every day I spend with you is the greatest day of my life. So since I care about you so much I'll tell you how I got my scar."

He loves me? HE LOVES ME! I wanted to scream in frustration because he's killing me but i also loved him back.

Eh whatever.

"Hunter I love you too." I climbed over to him and kissed him on the cheek. I finally got to know about the scar, which was itching at me.

He smiled. "So do you wanna hear the story about my scar?"
I nodded my head and brushed my fingertips gently over it.

"You have to promise me Savannah, that whatever I tell you won't make you think differently of me." He told me:

"I promise, I would never." He intertwined our fingers.

He closed his eyes while I watched him intently.

"My mom died when I was young. It was hard. I remember I would visit her studio and watch her paint. She was an artist for a living and almost everybody knew who she was. I still have her paintings. So you see the cliff we're on? My mom loved this cliff, she would spend hours up here painting the view. She thought it was the most beautiful view ever."

I looked out at the scenery in front of us. I could tell why his mom liked it so much. The sunset in front of us was a deep orange and bright yellow with a little bit of red.

"I can see why she loved it so much it's beautiful." I stared in awe.

He chuckled.

"So anyways, I remember I was bugging my sister. It's like what brothers do. My mom didn't come home that night from doing errands. I was getting kinda worried that something had happened to her so I went into my dads room to ask him what happened to mom. I opened the door and he was bawling. I asked him what was wrong and he told me "Hunter, your moms dead. She died in a car crash by getting hit by a drunk driver. I was frozen, I couldn't believe my mom had died."

He sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"I went up to her studio and grabbed all her paintings and took them with me. I remember my dad would come home drunk and he got really violent. He would start beating my sister and i would usually step in to save her. It usually ended up with me getting hurt and severely bruised but i didnt care how much pain I was in. You have to protect the ones you love."

When he said the last line, he put his hand up to my face and kissed me gently. I kissed him back passionately.

I felt butterflies in my stomach that I only felt around him.

"The beatings would get worse as the days went on. My guess was that my dad was depressed about my mom. My sister would cry and there was nothing I could do but hold her and try to comfort her. This went on for a couple years and me taking the beating every single time. One day he came home drunker than usual ,he had a beer in his hand and he smashed a it against the wall. After that he held up a knife to my sister and told her to clean up the mess. I was so ashamed to call him my father, especially the man I used to look up to. So he said that she wasn't cleaning it up fast enough and he went to go slice my sister for being so slow. Instead, I stepped in front of her and he sliced my cheek open with his knife. I could feel the blood dripping down my face. He left a deep gash on my cheek. My dad didn't care about what he did to me, he still walked towards my sister and I punched him but it was too late. He threw the knife and it landed in her heart. I instantly went down to the ground where she laid. I grabbed her and cradled her into my arms. Blood was pouring out of her, but I couldn't save her because it was too late she wasn't breathing anymore. She died right in my arms. Savannah, I watched my sister die."

He was shaking and tears rolled down my cheeks so I hugged him as tight as I could. Trying to take the pain away.

"I'm over protective for a reason Savannah and the thought of losing you haunts me to this day. I will always protect you Savannah." He told me stroking my hair.

I saw Hunter as a big brother who looked out for his sister and would do anything for her.

"Im not finish yet. Please don't look at me like I'm some monster when I tell you this." Hunter begged me. I squeezed his hand.

I knew I wouldn't.

"The anger boiled inside me and I couldn't hold it in so I grabbed the gun we had hidden in our house and walked into his bedroom where he laid in his bed and when he heard the door open he look at me holding the gun. He chuckled and said your not gonna shoot me, your to much of a coward like your sister was. This made me even more angry I held the gun up at him and with shaking hands I pulled the trigger and I shot him. So he died right there and then."

I was taken aback. He killed his own father?!

"Oh Hunter. I know why you did it." I told him.

His past was the way he was now. He drinks, smokes, and gets caught up into fights with other people.

"Wait so where do you live now?" I asked him.

"Let's save that for some other day."

He intertwined our fingers again.

"Okay." He already confessed enough.

"So did you hear about Kenzie and Heath? Apparently they're dating now." Hunter told me.

"Kenzie never told me anything." I was starting to have doubts in the relationship between me and my best friend.

I wasn't really talking to her much lately and we've been keeping things from each other.

"I thought she was your best friend."

I shrugged in response.

Hunter's POV

"What are we going to do about my mom?" She looked up at me with those innocent blue eyes I loved.

I stroked her soft cheek.
"I think it's best to just tell her about us."

"But she banned me from seeing you. She thinks I've stopped hanging out with you." She told me.

"She's gonna find out one way or another. Might as well be from us. Come on, I'll take you home." I let her hand go and turned on the car.

She stared at the window as the trees passed by.
"Do I ever get to see the paintings?"

I smiled. "Soon."

Ten minutes passed by before we ended up at her house. I helped her out and kissed her one last time, placing my firm lips to her soft ones.

"Can you stay for dinner? Please." She tugged at my arm and looked up at me with puppy dogs eyes.

"Savannah I don-" i began but she cut me off.

"Please Hunter. Please please please." She whined like a small child.

I sighed. "I don't see why not."

"Yay!" She exclaimed and pecked my lips one more time.

She took my hand while leading me into her house and all I could think about was how lucky I am to be with someone as amazing as her.

***

A/N:
Here's an update (: If you have any edits of Hunter and Savannah you can tag them to Savannah's or Hunter's instagram

@savannahwinters_fftbb

@Hunter_fftbb

If you guys want my twitter or something just inbox me because I respond a lot more to people on there.