Chapter 16

After refusing a car ride from my mom, I walked to school.

I went up the steps of the crowded building. Some guys were tossing a football around, cheerleaders were practicing their cheers. Some just leaned against trees, talking to their friends.

Kenzie was sitting against the building, finishing up some homework.

"Hey." I approached her.

"What's up?" She asked me, and patted the seat next to her.

"Hunter visited me last night." I told her, as I sat down on the patch of grass next to her.

"Ooo, what did he say?" She asked me, working on some homework that was probably due yesterday.

Typical Kenzie.

"He said he likes me not Ashley." I responded. I didn't mention the banning part.

Why did my mom care so much anyways?
Were moms supposed to be THAT over protective?

"That's good news. So about that party my brother's having, let's go shopping tomorrow and get you a dress. I'll pick you up and we could head to the mall. Oh and Hunter's going." She smirked when she said the last part, which earned an instant blush from me.

I sighed. I really didn't want to go to the mall, but did I have a choice?

"The bell is about to ring. I better get going because I have some work to finish." Kenzie stated. We both got up and brushed of our clothes. Kenzie packed away her books and shoved them inside her backpack.

As we were walking, Heath approached us and winked at Kenzie. She blushed a deep shade of red and I gave her a confused look.

But she responded with a 'i'll tell you later' look.

After making some small talk with her and grabbing my books from my locker, I headed towards the bathroom.

I might as well do something before the bell rings. I hummed to myself as I walked by the bathroom, but stopped abruptly when I heard kissing noises. I made a disgusted face.

I turned around and there was Tiffany, making out with Hunter. His strong arms were squeezing her hips while her hands were tangled in his hair.

His hand was exploring her curves (which I was jealous of) while I just stood there. My heart dropped. I felt the tears streaming out of my eyes.

How could he? He even looked me straight in the eye and told me he liked me.

Was I not good enough for him?

I ran away from the scene and ran up the stairs to the next closest bathroom.

There goes my good mood.

I found it odd that I would always run to a bathroom whenever I was mad.

I locked myself in a stall and cried.
Why does it hurt so much?

He was my first kiss too. I had been so stupid that day in the library, but it didn't seem to matter until now.

My mom was right, again.

We were two different people. I mean, the bad boy only fell in love with the good girl in books, right?

Now did I just realize that they must've heard me run. But I didn't care anymore.

After I stopped crying and calmed down a bit, I headed back into biology class.

Tiffany walked in with a smirk on her face and she strutted over to me, talking her place right beside mine. I tried my best to act like nothing was wrong, but failed.

I just wanted to go home and curl up in my bed and hope it was all a dream.

Mr. Livenstone lectured and lectured, but I was too upset to take notes or do anything. Tiffany kept passing notes with Taylor and Heath. I tried not to let it bother me or think that they were talking about me.

I turned my head around and made straight eye contact with Hunter with his dark eyes, but quickly looked away before he could do anything.

The ball rang and I was out in a flash, trying to make my way past the crowded hallway.

***
"Savannah stop!" I was walking back home from school, until I heard Hunter call out my name. When I heard his voice, I ran as fast as I could.

He ran after me. Hunter being more athletic then me, he quickly caught up and wrapped an arm against my waist, pulling me back.

"Just leave me alone. Please." I tried escaping from his painful grip, but he held on tight.

"Not until you hear me out." Hunter's grip tightened even more and I let out a cry of pain.

"Shit." he mumbled and his grip loosened, but still held me towards him.

"It was not what it looks like."

Typical excuse.

"I trusted you! How could you? You could've at least told me you got sick of me." I shouted at him.

"Let me explain." He reached for my hand but I backed away, scared he was going to cause me more pain.

"I still lo- I mean, like you Savannah. It's just that..." He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. He probably felt awkward.

I raised an eyebrow and he did something unexpected, he hugged me.

"Sav, I thought that it would make your life a lot easier if I stayed away from you. I know your mom doesn't like me and I still don't get why you do. Please forgive me."

I wanted to forgive him and feel his lips against mine. But I just couldn't.

He looked down at me with his black, emotionless eyes so I turned away. "I don't know if I can right now." I responded, not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Come on, Savannah. It meant nothing." Hunter reached for my hand again quickly, so I wouldn't have time to pull away.

"I have to go home. Bye Hunter." I pulled away from his grip. I ran away from him before he could say anything else.

He didn't run after me, so I walked the rest of they way. I stepped on top of crunchy leaves, like I did when I was little.

Those were the good days where you didn't care about having a boyfriend or wish you had a less annoying mother.

I placed my key in the lock and headed inside my cozy house. My mom was on the phone, talking to some person I probably didn't know.

"Yes I would be ha- Oh hi Savannah! Jim give me a moment." She held the phone up to her, using her ear and should to keep it in place.

She came over to me and kissed my cheek, probably forgetting about the fact that I was mad at her.

"Hello? Jim? Are you still there? Yes well..." She kept talking on the phone, and tried to make dinner.

I walked up the stairs to my room and set my bag down on the floor. I changed into a peach tank top and shorts before I went over to my computer so I could log into Skype.

I called Kenzie and after the third ring she answered. "Hey!" Her face came unto the screen.

"What's up?" I asked her, sitting criss cross on top of my bed.

"Homework. Ugh, I don't get this. This is torture I tell you!" Kenzie pulled at her hair and I laughed.

"Need help?"

"Yes please!" She begged. So in those thirty minutes of us Skyping each other, we told jokes and I helped her with her homework.

I told her everything about what happened with Hunter and she sat there, listening.

"Oh I'm so sorry Savannah!"

"It's okay. Now tell me about your day." I told her.

"Well I really need to tell you tha-" Kenzie got interrupted by her mother calling her for dinner.

"To be continued." She laughed and logged of Skype after I waved to her.

I wondered what she was going to say while I spent time doing my own homework.

I heard a rustle of the trees outside and I froze. What the heck? I carefully tiptoed to my window, to spot Hunter climbing the tree outside my window. He was clinging on to a branch.

I was shocked and I opened the doors that led to the balcony. "What are you doing? You're going to kill yourself!"

He jumped from the branch of the tree unto the balcony. Hunter said "I needed to see you."
***
A/N:

So I rushed a little through this chapter, you can probably tell?

I will update in the next few days.

Anyways, Comment and vote (:
Thank you for commenting ideas and stuff! I'm going to use a lot of them in the next few chapters.

Btw, What should be Savannah and Hunter's ship name? Give me some suggestions in the comments below and I'll pick the one I like best :D