Teaching a Nephilim to Love

Alec was never really one for romance. He was very negative towards the idea of having to marry someone someday or fawning over another person, at least when it came to himself.

He always insists that it displeases him because he just thinks it's unnecessary or something, but most of the reason he dislikes it is because romance never really worked out for him.

Jace is mainly the one who made Alec hate romance so much. Alec despised the fact that he was practically in love with his stepbrother, as he felt it was wrong, and it made him feel worse knowing that Jace probably had no plans of reciprocating those feelings.

And while Alec was never any good at anything concerning romance at all, Jace and Isabelle were quite the opposite. Jace was very attractive and charming, and many girls had a crush on him. As for Isabelle, she was hot to everyone she met, but as an added bonus, she was a kickass Shadowhunter as well.

Alec says he understands what love is and that it's ridiculous, but he never truly knew love until he met Magnus. Alec was so guarded and careful with how he presented himself that he was never caught off guard, at least in an emotional sense. Magnus changed that. Magnus was the one who could make Alec trip over his words, make him unable to breathe, make him feel like the most vulnerable person alive.

Magnus was the one Alec fell in love with.

Magnus caused Alec to open up more than he realized. Sure, he came out in front of everyone on that aisle, but it was more than that. Alec was losing all ability to function or be rational, but even under all the pressure, Alec liked the warlock enough to go against everything and everyone he's worked for to be with him.

He showed Alec that he didn't have to be afraid anymore, that he should be allowed to be himself, whether it be through something as bold as kissing Magnus Bane in front of the world or simply telling his mother to her face that enough is enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay so this wasn't really a one-shot, it's more like a drabble about Alec, but I like it. Sorry it's really short!