Firing Arrows

Alec shows Magnus how to fire an arrow

~~~~~~~~

Magnus heard a knock and snapped his attention to the door. He excitedly paced over to it, knowing exactly who was on the other side.

"Alexander!" he exclaimed brightly, giving his boyfriend a welcome kiss. "How was the mission today?" He walked away and let Alec trail behind.

"It was pretty interesting this time around. We found out some vamp was giving mundanes potions telling them they were just regular drugs. Luckily, it was only going on for a short time." Alec followed Magnus into the kitchen, where he was making steak.

"Oh my. Well, I'm glad you stopped that from going anywhere." He turned back to the stove and flipped the slab of meat. Sprinkling pepper and salt into the pan, he took a sip from the wine glass next to him. Alec came up behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. Magnus smiled against his glass.

"Honestly though, I was just thinking about coming back here the whole time we were there. You know how much I love your cooking," Alec kissed him on the cheek and rested his head on his shoulder, "and you, of course." Alec smiled goofily and gazed up at Magnus. Magnus chuckled in response.

"That's very sweet of you, darling." Magnus turned the flame on the stove down, Alec taking it as a sign to release him from the embrace. "Okay, dinner's ready. I set the table already, so you can take a seat."

Alec walked into the dining room. He sat at one of the two place settings there already. Magnus walked in with the steaks on a platter and put one down on each of the plates. He went back into the kitchen to fetch the rest of the course. Alec poured out the merlot sitting on the table in both of their glasses as Magnus came back in with a large bowl of mashed potatoes and a dish with various steamed vegetables on it. He set them down in the middle of the table and took a seat.

"Wow, it looks amazing, Mags," Alec commented. He took a serving of mashed potatoes and vegetables, as did Magnus. They ate and chatted as jazz played over the stereo in the background.

When the two finished their dinner, Alec picked up the plates and volunteered to do the dishes. When he came back, he saw that Magnus was examining his bow. He'd forgotten that he took it there with him, since he came straight from the mission site.

"You know, Alexander," he began, "I've never learned how to fire an arrow, nor have I ever been taught. Mind showing me? I mean, it is technically mine, right? Plus, I'm sure I'd be awful if I tried without guidance." Alec grinned at the request. "Sure, I could give you some basics. And when you say 'awful,' do you mean like how you were 'awful' at pool?" Magnus giggled as they stepped onto the balcony together.

After glamouring his arrows, Alec positioned himself behind Magnus. He put his hands over Magnus' and put him into place.

"So what you wanna do is keep your back straight, your arm and your knees slightly bent, and try to keep both eyes open." Magnus followed Alec's instruction. "Good. Now, when you do a full draw, your hand should be about where your cheek stops." After a couple attempts, Magnus pulled the arrow back to his ear. "Yeah, that's good. Okay, look at what you want to shoot, like uh...how about that tree down there?"

Magnus released his grip on the arrow. He stumbled back from the force and ended up launching an arrow into a nearby building. He widened his eyes in embarrassment and turned to Alec slowly. Alec stared at the arrow in slight disbelief.

"Wow. Guess you were right about being awful. And you had guidance." Alec laughed at his boyfriend. Magnus gave Alec a vexed look. "Here, let me do the draw with you." Alec drew another arrow and placed it into the bowstring. He drew the arrow with Magnus' hands under his own. Before he could do anything, though, Magnus released the arrow on his own and struck the tree with ease. He lowered the bow with a smirk, leaving Alec with his hands still in the air, his mouth curling slowly into a smile. He looked down at Magnus.

"Perfect...." They stood there smiling at each other for a moment. Suddenly, Alec grabbed Magnus' waist from behind and kissed him, both of them giggling together on the balcony. They started kissing more slowly as Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec's neck, the bow still in hand. They broke apart, smiles still on their faces.

"I knew you were lying about being awful at archery," Alec said, clasping his hands at Magnus' lower back.

"Hey, I'm a warlock, not a Seelie," Magnus retorted, "but thanks for showing me anyway, sweetheart." Magnus kissed him again, leaving smaller kisses on Alec's favorite spot, his deflect rune.

Magnus whispered something into Alec's ear involving putting the bowstring around the warlock's neck, making Alec's eyes widen. Magnus raised his eyebrows at Alec. Without hesitation, Alec was excitedly pulling Magnus to the bedroom with intentions of a fun night.

And a fun night they had.