Baby Steps

Magnus bit his lip feverishly as Alec kissed his neck and shoulders. The Shadowhunter sucked lightly on the nape of Magnus' neck and placed a bite on the warlock's ear. Magnus let out a light moan, which made Alec smile against his skin. Magnus turned back and kissed his boyfriend softly and thoughtfully, and he held Alec tightly and wrapped his arms around his waist.

The pair made their way into the bedroom, Alec tearing layer after layer off of Magnus. Alec pinned Magnus down on the bed, straddled him and removed his own shirt. Alec dipped back down and kissed Magnus, leaving hickeys on his neck and jaw. Alec took off Magnus' last shirt, and paused.

"What's wrong, Alexander?" asked Magnus. "Is something wrong?" Magnus seemed worried.

Alec replied quietly. "Yeah...I don't think I can handle this much sexy," he laughed lightly and ran his hands up and down Magnus' bare torso. He bit his lip. "I guess I'll just have to get used to it."

Before Magnus could make a remark, Alec smothered him in kisses again. Alec continued to explore Magnus with his fingertips. This was the first time he'd seen Magnus shirtless. Sure, he wore low-cut tops, but it never showed enough for Alec.

Alec started planting lighthearted kisses on Magnus' chest and abdomen. Magnus giggled at the light touches. Alec looked back up at Magnus and grinned. He began undoing Magnus' belt, slowly but surely. He waited for Magnus to show a sign of protest. When he didn't, he continued. He slipped the belt out of its loops and tossed it aside. He undid the button and unzipped the pants. While he worked on getting the garment off, Magnus used his magic to undo Alec's worn jeans.

Finally, the Nephilim and Downworlder were making out in their underwear. Alec was about to pull his down, but hesitated.

"You don't have to," Magnus said hurriedly. Alec looked like he was snapped out of a trance.

"Hm? O-Oh, no, I-I'm fine..." Alec stuttered. Inside, Alec hoped Magnus couldn't tell he was lying.

But of course he could. "Alexander," Magnus said, now in a lower, slightly more serious tone. "You don't have to," he reiterated. Magnus didn't look away when Alec did.

"I...Magnus, I-I...I just..." Alec couldn't get the words out. I want to, he wanted to say. Oh God, do I want to.

Magnus closed his eyes and began to sit up. Alec held him in place quickly.

"W-Wait, don't go...please," Alec pleaded. Magnus settled back into his previous position. "I'm sorry, it's just...I'm nervous. I've never exactly done this before."

It was silent for a minute. Magnus sighed gently. "Alright. If you really want to, we can keep going. Tell me if you want to stop, okay?" Magnus sat up to cup Alec's face. "I won't force you." He stared into his sparkling blue eyes.

Alec contemplated for a moment. "I want to, I swear I do...but...I don't think I'm ready...I'm sorry," a look of sadness took over Alec's face. He looked as if he could cry. Magnus swiftly held him.

"Hey, hey...don't apologize. You didn't do anything wrong. You're not ready, that's okay," Magnus held Alec close to him. He kissed his cheek and whispered into his ear. "Don't worry, darling.... We'll get there." Alec widened his eyes.

Magnus pulled back. Alec got off of him and began picking his clothes back up. Magnus stopped him and pulled him back to the bed. As they sat, Alec was still taller than him.

"Hey, just because we're undressed doesn't mean we're going to do it. Let's stay like this," Magnus' lips curled at the corners.

"You mean...in our underwear?" Alec asked.

"Of course. What else could I be referring to?" replied Magnus. Alec smiled down at his lover. He chuckled.

"Okay. We can stay like this for the rest of the night. Do you want to cuddle?" Alec started getting comfortable in the bed. Magnus scooted into Alec's arms and wrapped his legs into the other's. They were turned to face each other.

"Oh, most definitely," Magnus smiled. He laid his head on Alec's chest. Alec played with Magnus' hair. It was dyed the same blue as Alec's eyes at the ends.

"Thank you," Alec said to Magnus, looking into his eyes. Magnus looked puzzled.

"Whatever for?" he asked. Alec laughed sweetly.

"For understanding. For letting me go at my own pace. For letting me love you the way I want to," Alec kissed Magnus' soft lips. "So thank you. I love you." Magnus smiled and felt hot.

"I-I love you too, dear...." Magnus avoided eye contact.

"Oh? Shy now, are we?" Alec teased. Magnus got defensive.

"N-No! The High Warlock of Brooklyn does not get shy...right...?" Magnus' facade was faltering quickly.

"I dunno. You tell me." Alec kissed the tip of Magnus' nose. Magnus couldn't help but smile.

"Oh, alright...you caught me," he smiled and snuggled into Alec. Alec held him.

The two closed their eyes and eased into each other. They fell into a peaceful slumber.

Baby steps. Baby steps....

~~~~~~~~~~~

I actually first uploaded this to Tumblr, so if you see it/have seen it there, don't accuse me for stealing it...it's mine, I promise! Anyway, I love that Magnus would totally not have sex with Alec if he wasn't ready for it, because CONSENT CONSENT CONSENT!!!!!!!!! They're just so in love, they are two of my favorite characters of anything.