Fingertips

((Malec softcore smut))

Summary: Alec becomes wounded and unconscious during a mission that Magnus had tagged along to. Magnus volunteers to bring Alec back to the Institute's infirmary.  Alec observes Magnus on a rather personal level.

~~~~~~~~

Alec awoke to the sight of Magnus treating the wound he'd gotten during the mission he was just on. He blinked a few times to regain consciousness. He looked to Magnus.

"Hey..." Alec muttered awkwardly . Magnus was slightly startled by the sudden noise.

"Oh, Alexander! Nice of you to wake up, darling," he said, lightly pecking Alec's forehead. "Are you feeling alright?" he asked. Alec responded after a moment.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I mean, I am under your care," he said with a faint smile. Magnus giggled.

"Right," said Magnus.

Alec laughed lightly for a moment and sighed. As Magnus treated the wound, Alec examined the warlock's hands as they moved across his runed torso. They glided carefully about the Shadowhunter's bare chest, making sure not to disturb it.

Alec noticed that Magnus was using a cloth and anesthetics rather than just magic or the iratze. He realized that it was intentional, that Magnus was looking forward to touching his body. He felt a light blush creep across his cheeks upon the realization.

As he stared at Magnus' slender and delicate hands, Alec found himself reaching towards them. Magnus stopped treating Alec and allowed him to examine his hands. Magnus glanced between Alec and his hands a few times with a perplexed expression on his face.

"Uh...Alexander?" he said finally, a slight laughter in his voice, "Mind telling me what you're doing? "

"Actually, I do mind," Alec said as he traced Magnus' fingers with an amused expression. Magnus pouted his lips and squinted his eyes jokingly. Alec answered the question with a smirk.

"I'm just looking and touching a bit, it's no big deal," he said, still exploring Magnus' hands. Magnus smiled.

"I suppose."

Alec kept feeling Magnus' right hand and recited each finger's name in his head as he trailed his fingers along them.

Pinky. Ring. Middle. Index. Thumb.

He slid his hand down to the palm and traced the imprints on it. Magnus squirmed a bit at the sensation of Alec's gentle touch. Alec rubbed the ring Magnus was wearing on his ring finger.

"When'd you get this?" he questioned calmly.

"This?" Magnus said as he looked at the ring around his finger, "I got it a few decades ago from an old friend of mine. She was very kind, and she gave it to me as a sort of gift for my friendship with her."

Alec sat up and listened with great interest.

"The gem on it is a beautiful amethyst with a pure golden band," Magnus continued, "I remember the thought I had when I received it. I thought, 'My...what a lovely piece of jewelry. It shines like her eyes.'"

Magnus grinned nostalgically as he remembered her. He went on.

"I haven't seen her in quite a while. I don't know where she is or what happened to her. All I know is that this is the last thing I have to remember her by."

Magnus looked at the ring longingly. He knew his friend was probably no longer around, but he didn't want to think that way. He touched it and sighed. Alec put his hand on Magnus' arm and grinned comfortingly. Magnus smiled back and placed his hand on Alec's.

Alec put his other hand on Magnus' cheek and flicked his eyes to his lips. He looked back into Magnus' eyes and moved forward, as did Magnus. They closed their eyes and let their lips touch.

At first, it was soft and barely even touching, but they became passionate very quickly. Alec held Magnus' face tenderly in his hands while Magnus put one hand on Alec's arm and the other on Alec's thigh. Alec tilted his head the other way and licked Magnus' bottom lip. Magnus took it as a sign to move things along and opened his mouth, letting Alec slide his tongue in. Magnus moaned quietly as he and Alec let their tongues touch.

Alec pulled away from the kiss, much to Magnus' displeasure, but only did so to catch his breath and move Magnus. He picked up the warlock by the hips and had him straddled across his lap. He pulled Magnus towards him by the waist and kissed him again. Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec's neck and kissed back. Alec was moving his hands along Magnus' back and hips, sending waves of pleasure through the man on his lap.

Magnus broke the kiss abruptly and shoved Alec back to the bed by his shoulders. He reconnected the kiss as Alec raised his eyebrows in surprise. Alec slipped his hands under Magnus' shirt and pressed his fingers into his back. Magnus gripped the sheets at the sides of Alec's head.

Magnus stopped kissing Alec and sat up slowly, Alec letting his hands slide to Magnus' thighs. He dragged his hands along Alec's still bare torso and rested them at the waist of the jeans. He stared at his hands, still a bit out of breath from the kissing. Magnus chuckled.

"...we should probably stop. Any more and we won't be able to control ourselves. And you remember what happened last time, don't you?" Alec scoffed.

"How could I not? You accidentally changed every stained glass window into a picture of me and made every curtain change pattern and color. How do you even do all that in those like, five seconds when you're...you know ...?" Magnus and Alec laughed off the mild regret. "And I'm pretty sure all of Brooklyn went deaf from the noise we made...that's probably why we went uninterrupted, no one wanted to have to deal with us, haha."

"Yeah, I wasn't allowed in the Institute for almost a month because of that. I said I was sorry...." Magnus smirked and started getting off of Alec.

"I'll treat the rest of my injuries with the iratze, so you can just gather your stuff." Alec kissed Magnus on the forehead. "Thanks for 'treating' me, babe."

"Haha, it's no trouble, sweetheart." Magnus watched as Alec's iratze glowed when he put his stele up to it. He tried not to watch as Alec pulled his shirt back on. He told himself to stop thinking about how good Alec's butt looked in those jeans, and how much better they would look without them.

And to think that this all started with just the fingertips....