Chapter2

While I stood frozen by the door unable to do anything. My brothers were in agony. They were lying on the floor and treated like trash. As if physical violence wasn't enough they were being verbally abused. I opened the door further more and saw a women.
With her high pitched voice, that grew louder and even more irritating to the ears she kept cursing and swearing.

Amaan and Rehan crawled up on the floor and covered their ears as tight as they could.
The high pitched voice was unbearable to their ears. It seemed like their bodies could handle getting beaten up but their ears wouldn't allow the curses.The curses were awful, that women wouldn't stop with her twisted words.
It was torture all over again, except this time they are being tortured verbally.

Rehan and Amaan were too tired to even let out a cry.
The lady exhausted her strength and her voice sounded tired too. She stared down at the boys, her face cold and emotionless. Her hand held a staff which she used earlier to punish the boys.She threw away the staff across the lawn. The staff fell with a loud thud which startled the boys.

The women started walking away from them. With every step her heels clicked and the boys winced.

The women was headed towards the door where I stood. She walked at a normal pace, but with each step she took my heart was panicking and I could feel cold chills running throughout my body. I was scared, I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. She just passed by and didn't even care to look.
For a moment I froze and winced thinking that it was my turn.
I let out my breath which I was holding in for too long and reassured myself that Rehan and Amaan will be alright.

I wanted to rush to my brothers without any delay. Without thinking I just ran to the both of them. First I picked up Amaan who wasn't moving or making any sound.
I sat down , picked up Amaan's head and rested on my lap. I shoved back the messy hair that was covering his face.
I ran my hands through his arms and legs checking to see if he was bleeding in any way. To my relief he wasn't bleeding at all.
I traced my fingers along his face. He wasn't injured at all but his eyes were swollen from crying. His face was red and there was a swelling on his cheek.
"Amaan!! Amaan!! Open your eyes!!" I tapped lightly on his arm.
"Amaan!! Get up!!".
"Amaan!!"
I kept calling him but he just mumbled. I moved my ear closer to to hear what he was trying to say.
He was mumbling again but I couldn't understand a word. Then he pointed his leg and lifted his trouser. That's when I realised maybe his legs were hurt and he couldn't stand up.
His skinny legs were covered with bruises.
I finally gave up making sense out of Amaan's mumbling and pulled him up. He wasn't tall but his head reached my elbow.He was very heavy but still I tried my best.
I led him to the washroom. He winced and moaned, while I washed his face and hands with cold water. He was covered with dirt.
I tried carrying him but I couldn't so I settled with him leaning on me. I supported his body and wrapped an arm around his shoulders and led him straight to my bedroom.
I told him to sit on my bed while I grabbed a change of clothes for him. He clumsily removed his shirt.
I gasped for breath, what I saw was too much for me , Amaan's skinny body was red and full of bruises.
I helped him change out of his dirt covered shirt and told him to rest while I checked on Rehan .

Rehan is 13 that's two years younger to me. So I didn't treat him with extra care that I showed Amaan.
Instead, I just grabbed him by his arm and dragged him to the washroom and threw his clean clothes at his face.

"You jerk better get cleaned up!!! And make it quick!!! ".I knew Rehan was also in pain but still I was furious at him.
"Be quick coz you've got a lot of answering to do". I wanted an explanation from him.

I was growing impatient. I strode up and down in front of the washroom. Rehan was taking too long.
So I went and rechecked Amaan. When I was back Rehan was still in.

I banged and banged the door.
"open up you dog!!" I screamed at the door.
"Open up this instance!!!" I screamed and continued banging the door.
"What did you do!!! Tell me!!!!" I demanded.

I was growing impatient. There were so many answers I wanted from Rehan. I thought to myself that Rehan better have a good explanation all that happened, I knew that it was his fault for letting Amaan get caught up in all this mess.
While I impatiently paced in front of the washroom I realised I was forgetting something.

What I didn't realise was that I had yet to find my youngest of brothers Sharf.
My mind was filled with horrible thoughts that made me sick because he was just five I'd kill myself if he was harmed in anyway.

Authors note: thanks a lot for reading.
                              Plzz......vote and comment if you liked reading
                                I'll try updating soon.