Chapter3

Sharf!! Sharf!!.
I dashed across the hall and pushed the doors one by one.
I checked all the rooms hoping to find my baby brother somewhere.
I kept telling myself , that Sharf is in some corner of the house. It wasn't like we lived in a huge mansion, it took me only a few minutes to check the entire house.
I checked and rechecked and prayed that by some miracle I find him unharmed.

I remember that one time when Sharf went missing , everyone searched the neighbourhood for an entire hour. Our family members and neighbours looked for Sharf everywhere we even called our relatives for the help.
All of us were worried sick. Even after two hours when he couldn't be found we lost hope.
We were worried sick so we all just sat together and prayed. It was as If all the prayers were answered, Like a miracle he crawled out from under my bed.
Everyone was shocked and relieved at the same time.
No one even considered looking under my bed!!!.
I was grateful to God that he was safe.

I ran through the entire house. I looked behind the curtains where he normally hid while playing hide and seek. I checked behind the open doors. I peeped under all the beds of the house. I scanned the kitchen. I even checked inside the cupboards!!!.
I was going crazy!! If there was a stone I would have turned it just to make sure Sharf wasn't under it.
I wasn't making sense, I couldn't think properly that's how crazy I went.
I was being absurd!!! Why would anyone be inside a cupboard!!??.
I didn't care!!! I just wanted to find him so badly that I looked at all the impossible places to be.

My heart couldn't bare anymore. Today's day was really the worst nightmare of all.
My heart is hurting and my mind keeps thinking the worst possible thoughts.

The awful thoughts that have been going on in my head is making my body quiver with fear.
The fear is overwhelming my senses and is making it hard to think rationally.
I wanted to screams on top of my lungs and wake up from this bad reality.
Even though all the bad events of today may seem like a nightmare but it's all to real.
Unfortunately, I have to live through today for my brothers sake.
I've been holding my tears for so long.

" Pull yourself together!!!" I kept repeating those words to myself.
"Be strong. There is no point in crying." I kept scolding myself.
Tears have welled up and I couldn't hold them back anymore.

Like a crazy maniac I ran from one room to another checking and rechecking every inch of the room.
The tears that I've held for so long were making my vision blurred.
'I have no time to cry ' is what I told myself and continued searching every corner of the house.

I can't take it any more. No matter how many times I run around in the house,I know Sharf isn't going to appear anywhere.
He must have gone outside!!! Now all I have to do is search the neighbouring area.

With a solid determination I was headed out of the house to search for Sharf.

When I was about to step outside the front door Abe made an appearance.

I froze in my place as if I was seeing an illusion.
my heart was aching and it kept sending ripples throughout my body.
I couldn't hold myself together, I'm exhausted.
I had no strength left to support my body
I fell hard on my knees and screamed and cried my heart out.
I may have looked pathetic to Abe but I didn't care.
I screamed and cried until my heart no longer felt heavy.

Abe stood in front of me. He stared at me with a confused expression.
Abe stood in silence watching me cry.
Sharf was in front of me!!! Sharf was here!!!
Abe was holding Sharf in his arms.

Sharf was covered in mud and his lips were dripping red. For a moment I thought it was blood. The thought of Sharf bleeding was making me dizzy.Sharf's mouth was dripping with red and it stained his shirt too.
Sharf was staring at me, he never saw me cry. He was just a kid and had no idea what happened.
Both Abe and Sharf stared at me for an entire minute.

I wasn't finished crying, but still I had to make sure Sharf wasn't hurt.
I stood up and snatched away my baby brother from Abe's arms.
I hugged him and started crying all over again. I cried and cried while Sharf was in my arms he fought his way out of my arms, I held him tightly and cried over him.

Sharf said something, but I couldn't hear it clearly in between my sobs.
I couldn't stop myself from crying, after a few minutes with Sharf in my arms I felt better. My crying stopped but the tears just disobeyed me. They kept rolling down.

Sharf was struggling in my arms. I loosened my grip on him.
I carefully placed him in front of me. I sat on my knees and ran my fingers through his face.My finger had the red substance from Sharf 's face. I pointed the red finger to Sharf and asked him.

"What is this Sharf !!" He didn't say anything.
"Are you bleeding!!! Are you hurt!!??" I asked him.
Sharf just stared from me to Abe, not knowing what to say.
I glared at Abe , he moved back a few steps he looked alarmed.
I gave Abe my scariest glare and showed him the red thing my finger caught from Sharf.
I glared at Abe the whole time and demanded he speak up.
Abe shrugged his shoulders and let out a laugh.
" you see...... That's raspberry ice cream ". Abe said and backed away further.
"You took him!! And didn't even tell me!!!". I screamed at Abe.
Sharf was confusingly staring at the both of us. He was totally unaware of all the things that happened a few minutes ago.
I was mad at Abe I wanted to beat him to a pulp.
" weren't you supposed to be with mom!!??" I shouted at Abe .

Abe gave a wicked smirk as if he was enjoying my misery.
He didn't even answer me. He walked past me smirking his way into the house.
A few seconds later I heard his bedroom door close.

I took Sharf inside. I gave Sharf a bath, washed the red stains off his chubby face.
Got him dressed and took him to my room. I locked the door behind me.
I sat down with Sharf in my laps. From where I sat I could see Amaan still asleep
I mentally prepared the questions I was going to ask Sharf.

I have to make sure I don't scare Sharf . So I stroked his hair and very calmly started asking him.

A/n: if you liked the story don't forget to vote and comment.
Thank you for reading.
Keep reading....😃