Chapter9

"I think you have every right to be furious, but you are being impulsive.
You of all must understand me, after all you are my only daughter. I prided you for being understanding and composed!!" Emma mom took deep breaths and continued.

"Well, since you aren't aware of the reality I'll forgive you. But just this once!! Let me tell you I won't tolerate such behaviour from you.
Take this as a warning and don't repeat it!!"

Emma's mom kept looking at Emma. The way Emma was fidgeting was making her mom annoyed.
Emma's mom kept silent for a few seconds waiting for Emma to reply.
When Emma didn't say anything in return Emma's mom continued in a sharp voice.

"Your brothers don't deserve your defending!! You see...........unlike you they disobeyed me . I caught them in front of a convenience store while I was on my way back from the clinic. Those boys sure are gutsy to break open my cupboard and steal from me."

She gave away a disgusting look reminiscing the crime her sons committed against her. She tried hard to not get annoyed by Emma's fidgeting.
She stared at Emma wondering what was going on inside her daughters head.
Emma didn't look up the entire time, while her mom justified herself.

Emma's mom craned her neck, her eyebrows twitched and she stared at her daughter waiting for a response but instead Emma didn't speak.
Emma kept shifting in her seat which irritated her mom further more.

Emma's mom tried to ignore her daughter's unusual behaviour and decided to continue with her one sided pointless conversation.

With her sharp tone she continued............
"In a way you are responsible for your brothers in my absence.
You were supposed to look after them, how did they end up in the streets with pockets stuffed with cash!!!. You are partly responsible for that.
Anyways........" She sighed and waved off her wrist and then added

".............by punishing them I proved my point. I think it's crystal clear that my boys wouldn't dare to repeat this incident....... Ever again. It's very important that they behave now that we are going to have new additions to our family......"
Emma stole a glance at her mom and when their eyes met she immediately turned away.
Emma still didn't react, her mom waited for some sort of a response but none came from her.Emma acted indifferent and didn't utter a word.
Emma's mom was at a loss to understand her daughters emotions........

A few minutes ago Emma was screaming, rebelling and protesting but now she sat completely silent, this side of Emma made her mom worried sick.
Emma's mom eyed Emma with worried look but was unable to read anything from her daughters expressions. She pushed aside analysing her daughter decided to finish off with her one sided conversation for now.

Her mom adjusted herself and relaxed against the sofa and continued with a grimaced expression.

"Your aunt.........my sister has been unwell..........." She said in a grim tone.
" she is also having trouble with her marriage.......so her daughters will be living with us from now onwards......"

" I expect you to make preparations for their arrival and take care of the them as your own siblings" she spoke with sadness evident in her tone.

Emma and her mom sat in silence. Neither of them spoke for quite some time.
While Emma was lost within herself, Her mom's thoughts were wandering into  grave problems of her sister.

Emma sat filled with sadness and sorrow for her aunt, the new addition to the family bothered Emma too much.
Emma knew as it is her life was over as a teenager but the new arrivals meant her life will completely be turned upside down.

The new arrivals meant Emma being their nanny 24x7. Emma will never have time for herself or her school life. Emma desired a normal happy teenage life but her life seems to be getting crowded, with life her feelings too......

'I wished to change my life, to never be burden with responsibilities more than I could manage.
Being a mom you should have understood me, but I've always found out that you are the only one who never understands me..........' Emma told herself.