Chapter7

Emma's voice echoed as she argued with her mom.
Their arguments were loud and reached beyond the living room doors.

Abe heard arguments and rushed over to inspect.
Abe rushed to the living room and was shocked to witness his obedient and kind sister arguing with their mom.

Abe wondered what has gotten into Emma.
Abe thought about the Emma he had known and compared her to the rebellious Emma he was seeing now.

Emma always spoke softly. Even Emma's threats would come in soft and gentle tone. Emma never raised her voice.
Emma was too kind even when she would get mad she would just be silent.
Emma never demanded anything from anyone. Emma was always soft spoken and very considerate of others.
Emma was always taking care of the siblings and helping mom with chores.
She was a perfect sister to her brother and a perfect daughter to our mother.
Mom was always so proud of Emma.

'But this Emma in front of me is the complete opposite of my angelic sister.' Abe whispered to himself. Abe wanted to help resolve the situation but was finding it hard to think of a way to calm them down.

Abe reached and grabbed Emma by her shoulders and wriggled her. He was hoping that Emma would return back to her usual self.

"Emma.....why are you being so rude to our mom??" Abe was at a loss to understand Emma actions.

"Let go of me!!!"Emma screamed at Abe and shoved him away.

Abe was pushed away by Emma and was worried for Emma.

'Emma what happened to you!!!! Have you gone insane! !!!. Stop this nonsense at once!!!" Abe tried hard to persuade her. But Emma was in no condition to be civil.

"Abe,stay out of my way. I won't stop until I've said whatever I've buried in me for so long" Emma said to Abe and continued arguing with her mom.

"Mom!!!!you haven't answered me. Explain to me why you hurt my brothers!!!!"Emma said.

Emma 's mom was sitting and unable to think properly. She was furious, she was now being accounted for her actions by her own daughter.

She sat staring at her daughter and was wodering why Emma considered her the bad one.

'I'm their mom. As much as I hated to hurt them I had to be strict, I've punished them for their wrong actions. I love my children. Although to Emma
It may seem like, im in wrong but I've done the right thing.

I've been harsh on them so that they don't repeat their wrongdoings in the future.

"Emma dear, calm down and have a seat". Emmas mom spoke as calmly as she could, she tried to subside her anger and deal with her daughter in a composed manner.

Emma's mom tapped the empty sofa on her other side, actioning Emma to be seated.

Emma was angry and her mind filled with accusations for her mom. But Emma was willing to hear her mother explain her harsh judgement.

When her mom actioned the empty seat Emma obeyed her mom

"Abe why don't you take Rehan to your room and keep an eye on him." She cued Abe to leave with Rehan.

Abe went ahead and held out his hand for Rehan. Rehan held Abe and and got up.
Rehan limped and followed out of the living room.

Emma watched them both leave and waited for her mom to explain.
Emma was still in tears as she Watched Rehan leave in silence.

Emma looked her mom straight in the eye and became impatient. Her mom was sitting in silence, staring back at her.

A face covered in tears and her heart filled with fury, mind buzzing with doubts......Emma sat staring at her mom's face waiting for a logical explanation.