Part 9

You held your breath as you ran your fingers over the cracked bricks that surrounded the water pool. The cool air kissed your skin and brought goosebumps with it. You purred against the wind and thought whether or not you should go inside. "Cold?"

You turned your body back around and smiled as Jungkook came into the pale lighting. You rubbed your arms and tilted your head at the night sky. "just a little." You said lowering your head and making eye contact with Jungkook.

"Do you want my jacket?" He asked as he stepped towards you more. Your cheeks instantly flushed to the thought of having Jungkooks jacket on you. You shook your head and lowered yourself onto the bench. "I'm giving it to you anyway." He says wrapping the warm cloth around your body and stared down at you. Your eyes widen as you are taking back by the strong smell of Jungkook. "Better?" he asked removing his hands from you.

You pulled the jacket closer around your body and snuggled into it. "much." You smile as he sits beside you. "so what is it that you needed to tell me?" you ask turning your burning cheeks towards Jungkook.

"the stars are so pretty tonight." He says making you tilt your head up to stare at the stars as well.

You smiled at the bright lights above you. "yeah..." you say softly enjoying every second that passed by.

"do you think Lauren is looking down on me?" Jungkook says making your heart stop. You snap your eyes on him and he lowers his head slowly.

"Jungkook...." You say softly as you tried to think of what to say at this. You didn't hate Lauren for dating Jungkook and making him happy but right now you were a little mad that she came up. You sighed as Jungkook looked at you with sad eyes, "of course she is." You said breaking your own heart.

You loosened your hold on Jungkooks jacket as you thought of all the times he probably did the same for her. Or how she would feel to know you loved him. "actually I don't think she is." He says making your head snap back up.

He smiled at your response and rubbed the back of his neck. "she left me remember? She's probably looking over Jimin..." He said staring back at the stars.

You tightened your hold on the jacket as you tried to suppress the smile on your face. "oh."

"I don't hate you, you know?" Jungkook said making your eyes widen and heart race. His eyes locked onto yours and he smiled. "I knew when I said I didn't love you would make Jimin mad... so that's why I said it..."

Your chest starting beating so fast you felt like you would die from a heart attack. "what are you trying to say?" you asked.

"(y/n) I like you..." He said as he slowly lowered his head towards you. You couldn't move because you were frozen from the confession. You closed your eyes as you waited to feel something... anything....