Chapter 8

Ben was soaked and freezing. He flicked his wet hair out of his eyes, with no recollection of why he was in a dark room he didn't recognize, with him almost stripped naked, right in front of Finn who was yelling at some girl he didn't know. He tried to pay attention to what Finn was saying, hoping for some understanding of what was going on.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing to him?! I can call the cops to file a report under your record!!!" Finn screamed at the top of his lungs. He stared down the girl as she started crying. Ben could tell that her tears were fake.

"I don't know what-" She started to whine, but Finn interrupted her.

"Shut up!" He screamed, baring his teeth. He frantically looked around. He saw a poster frame hanging up on the wall, and he snatched it down "AAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!" He yelled as he threw it at the girl. The frame hit her and she bowled onto the couch.

Finn looked in Ben's direction. Ben pretended to be unconscious. Finn's eyes softened and he looked back at the girl, starting to flare up again.

The girl threw the frame off of her and quickly got back up, rolling her shoulders. "You son of a bitch!!!" She screeched as she threw a punch at Finn, hitting him square in the cheek. He grabbed his cheek, looking at the girl in shock. She burst into tears again, hustling out of the room. Finn yelled behind her, "And stay away from him, you filthy slut!!!"

Ben didn't even know where to start. He had so many questions. Ben saw Finn turn to him, with sadness and disappointment in his eyes. Finn walked over to the couch and picked up what Ben assumed were Ben's jeans. Finn tossed the jeans at him, and Ben slipped them on. Finn then say on the corner of the couch closest to Ben, sighing as he looked at him.

"Do you remember anything?" Finn asked. He shook his head. "Who am I kidding, of course you don't."

Ben gripped the couch's armrest, slowly lifting himself up. "Be more specific."

"Do you remember how you got in this room? Do you remember anything that's happened since we got here?" Finn asked calmly.

"I can remember you walking me in this house I assume and saying you had to pick up Rey. That's literally all I remember. I have no recollection of how I got in here, or who that girl was or why I was nearly naked." Ben shivered. "Although I can probably put the pieces together." He mumbled.

"You were drunk, Ben," Finn shook his head, looking away. Finn sighed and looked down back at Ben. "That's all I can tell you right now. You're obviously not in well enough of a state to handle the details that I have to give you." Finn got up, took a blanket from the couch, and placed it on Ben.

"What are you doing, Finn?" Ben asked. "Whose room is this? Please answer the questions, I have so many. How'd I get drunk? Who was that girl? Am I still a virgin?"

Finn smirked at the last question. "You're a virgin?" He asked, starting to laugh softly. He stopped, and got serious again. "Don't worry man, I am, too. And that is the only question I have the answer to that I can give you now. Yes, you're still a virgin, that girl had not taken off your underwear so you haven't had intercourse." Ben shivered at the thought of him having sex with a girl he was sure he didn't even know.

"Finn, why won't you answer my other questions?" Ben felt irritated.

"I already told you. You're not even fully sober yet, the reality of what I'm about to tell you will shock you too much in this state. Me and Rey will tell you as soon as you're sober. But in order to fully become sober, you gotta get some rest. This is my cousin's room: he doesn't mind letting you stay in here. Now, Ben, please, get some rest, even if it's only for the night or something. It's gonna be what's best for all of us. Now I need to go talk to Brendol. He's my cousin's friend, and he seems to know a lot of what happened to you that I don't know. Good night, Ben." Finn started towards the doorway.

Ben still couldn't formulate what was happening. What happened with Hux? How does he know what happened? Ben hoped he didn't hurt him. He watched Finn go toward the doorway, but then whispered, "Hey, Finn?"

Finn turned around.

Ben gestured to the door on the ground that had been knocked over from the doorway. "Are you paying for the damages?" Ben asked just out of curiosity.

Finn looked down at the door, then sighed through his nose and went through the doorway, taking a sharp turn to the right.

Ben slumped against the wall, playing with his moist raven hair. Finn said he was drunk, and still was a bit. But hat didn't stop Ben from trying to put together the pieces of what had happened to him.

Because of Ben's intermittent explosive disorder, Ben knew he would never try to drink alcohol. He was pretty bad without it in the first place, he didn't want to imagine what he was like with it. He didn't know how alcohol had gotten into his system, but it was there somehow, and Ben prayed he hadn't hurt anyone he cared about. Especially Rey, Hux or even Finn.

Ben figured out that he was supposedly supposed to sleep in a stranger's room until morning, when he would receive the gruesome story about how he got drunk. Ben wondered why one of his friends wasn't taking him home, but even thinking hurt for him.

Ben then started to fall asleep still trying to put together the pieces, but still hardly getting anywhere.