Chapter 16

The next morning, Ben woke up feeling like Maria in Sound of Music when she was frolicking through the hills. He was absolutely ecstatic, and he'd actually gotten up on time today. He started singing the song from Sound of Music, waking Rey.

"You've got a lovely voice, if I haven't told you that already." She said groggily, wiping the sleep out of her eyes. Ben was still singing. "I don't even have to guess about what you're so happy about."

"My heart wants to sing every song it hears!" Ben sang with vibrato. He hushed when he realized he was singing way too loud. He took a breath. "Rey, he just. I can't even. Brendol..." Ben knew he was being cheesy, but he didn't care.

"You're like a teenage girl." Rey got up and shoved Ben playfully in the shoulder, walking into the kitchen. Ben sighed with happiness, looking up to the ceiling.

"You want waffles?" Rey called.
*******
Ben had finished all his tests the week before, so he appreciated he time he had to not pay attention in class. He would think about Hux. His eyes, his smile, the way he talked. As said before, about Hux to Ben was perfect.

When Ben arrived in English class, he went straight to his seat, noticing that when the bell rang, Finn wasn't in his seat. He waited for a couple minutes, then he texted Finn: "Hey man, where are you?" He waited a couple more minutes, but no answer.

Ben checked up to see if the professor could see him. His eyes flicked to the front of the room, and he noticed that Poe wasn't in his seat either. Ben smirked, typing: "Oh, Poe isn't here either. How strange ;)."

Maybe Ben would have that with Hux someday.
*******
Neither Finn or Poe showed up that period. When class ended, Ben took 3 worksheets for him and them and went to drama, taking his time because he knew Hux came to class late and he wanted to get there after him for once, so he could see his reaction when he walked into the classroom instead of vice-versa.

Ben put his earbuds in shuffled his playlist, the 1st song popping up on it being 1 of his favorites by Queen. He hadn't listened to Queen in a long time so he relaxed and listened to the music until he walked into class.

Hux wasn't in class yet. Ben shrugged, walking to his seat. Blue-haired Aaliyah wasn't back yet, so he'd have to do a performance with the brown-haired girl (he wished he'd remembered her name). But she wasn't here either. Ben wondered if she and Hux were in the same place.

Then, Hux walked in, the green sweatshirt and khakis again, not a hair out of place. He caught sight of Ben and winked. Ben winked back.

After Snoke gave his instructions, Hux went over to Ben. "You look fantastic," Ben said.

"Not as fantastic as you do." Hux replied.

"My improv partner isn't here and neither is my Romeo and Juliet partner."

"Oh, that's not so bad. Then you have me."

"Yeah."

"Luckily I have the lines for both characters in this scene memorized. So am I Romeo or Juliet?"

"You gotta be Juliet. I have Romeo's lines memorized."

"So are you saying I'm the girl in this relationship?" Hux pretend-scoffed.

"What relationship?"

Hux lowered his voice. "Our current relationship as quote-on-quote, more than friends." He did the air-quotes incorrectly, making Ben laugh.