Chapter 11

BEGINNING OF PART 2

Ben rolled over and checked Hux's digital clock on the nightstand. '6:13' it read.

Ben sat up in bed and stretched his back and arms, yawning. He patted down his raven black hair, wild from rolling around on the pillow. Then he threw off the covers and stood up on the left side of the bed. He decided he'd start to make Hux's bed. It was the best he could do for him, since Hux had literally let him spend the night and the evening in his bed, remove his splinters and make him breakfast. Hux was a saint, and it only made Ben like him even more.

"Ben," Ben heard Hux whisper as he lightly pushed the door open. He popped his head in. "You awake?" Hux noticed that Ben wasn't in bed, and he looked down to see him folding the mattress cover at the foot of the bed. Hux chuckled. "Oh, you don't have to do that." He walked over to Ben, smiling. Ben stood up, feeling a shiver down his spine as he saw those shiny perfect white teeth once more.

"How you feeling?" Hux leaned towards Ben on the balls of his feet. He took the mattress cover out of Ben's hand and threw it on the bed. "I can't believe you were making my bed, Ben. I appreciate it but..." Hux began to chuckle again, glancing at his bed then looking back at Ben. "You're my priority, not vice versa."

Ben didn't know what to say to that. He felt really... touched was the word he would use. Hux cared for him, and although it wasn't in a romantic way, it was a start. "I'm feeling ok, I guess," Ben replied, rubbing his eyes. "I just woke up."

Hux sighed, with regret, Ben thought it was, as he flicked a stray lock of red hair out oh his face. "Ugh, if I knew you were awake, I would've brought you tea. Making tea in this place takes like hours because our machine's broken and we all agreed not to spend sorority money on unnecessary appliances."

"Oh, you wouldn't have had to do that. And how is a tea maker not a necessary appliance?"

Hux laughed adorably, making Ben laugh along. Their laughter slowed down then stopped altogether, and Ben found himself looking into those beautiful green eyes again. He knew he would never get tired of it. "So," Ben started, sitting on the foot of the bed. He decided he'd change the subject. "Do you have any advice for me about Finn and Rey?"

"Oh," Hux said, sounding slightly disarmed. He sat on the bed, right next to Ben. Looking around at his room, Hux said, "This is the same way we sat last night at the party, Ben."

Ben wished that Hux would stop mentioning that damned party. That party was when he lost his 2 best friends, but he was excited he'd get them back. Maybe the time when he and Hux were talking meant more to Hux than he thought it would, and Ben wished he knew why. Ben thought that was the case, at least, but he believed that maybe that was his hope getting the best of him.

Hux shook his head, then looked at Ben. "Ok," He started, turning his body to face Ben, his legs dangling off the side of the bed. "In short, the best thing you could do is beg them to forgive you and try your best to promise you won't flip out on them again. Yeah, I know you don't have control over it but still, tell them that and do it. Try your best to control your anger."

Ben was surprised at what he was being asked to do. "Ben Solo does not beg." He stated simply and calmly. "As for my disorder, you said it yourself, I'm out-"

"I never said you were out of control." Hux said firmly. He rested his smooth, lithe hand upon Ben's big, awkward one. Ben breathed in through his mouth and out through his nose. Hux continued, "Ben, I'm not saying you need to not be angry. That is something I know no one can help. I am just saying that you should start to not let your anger show to people, which eventually, should get rid if the anger overall. You're on medication, right?"