Chapter 2: The Advice

Please, sit down, Ladybug. Master Fu welcomed.

Bonjour, Master Fu. Je mapelle Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Ah, you are known in the civilian world as Marinette, no?

Marinette nodded, trusting this man. My kwami, Tikki told me that you were looking for this book, and that you know who to decipher the code! She said, handing the book over, with encouraging nods from Tikki.

Yes, I have been looking for this book. I had been keeping it safe for 30 years, and one day, it vanished!

. . .

Adrien! Your father is calling for you. Natalie said, from the other side of the door.

Adrien trudged down the corridoor to his fathers study. He knocked on the door.

Come in.Gabriel Agreste sat in his chair, watching his son walk towards him, gloomily. Adrien, did you by any chance, access my vault?

Adrien looked up at him. "No, father. I don't know the whereabouts of your vault or your password, so how can I be guilty?" he asked roughly

Gabriel sat upright. Adrien had never spoken to him like that before. "Adrien. You do not speak too your father like that. Go to bed at once. I will send Natalie along to inform you of your punishment."

. . .

Marinette stared at the man as he slowly translated the words. "I will tell you the rest the next time you visit me, Miss Cheng."

Marinette replied, "Thank you so much, Master Fu."

"Before you go, I have to tell you something. You and Chat Noir will become a stronger team if you knew each other's identities. I know that when you met, that you told him it would be better if no one, even each other knew your identities, but I promise, it will help you defeat Hawk Moth."

Marinette looked down. "What if he's disappointed that it is me, Marinette, under the mask?"

"Don't say that, dear Ladybug. You two are actually much closer than you think. I even admitted it to my own kwami that you and this boy are a perfect match for each other, with or without your disguises and powers."

"Thank you again, Master Fu!"

"Don't mention it, Miss Cheng!