Chapter 12: Volpina's return

Lila was angered at the fact that she wasn't placed in any of the classes that Adrien was in. This made her more vulnerable to Hawkmoth than anyone else. What was worse was that she was at the risk of being akumatised for a second time around. Her hatred for Ladybug had decreased a little, but she was still raging. Jealousy also filled inside her, when she saw that blue haired girl being hugged by Adrien. HER Adrien.

Hawkmoth smiled gleefully. Lila had been a strong companion before, and she still was incomplete with the bubbling hell inside her. He evilised a little white butterfly. "Fly, my little akuma. Go and make sure that Volpina rises once more!"

Lila dragged her bag to the library. It was abandoned at lunch, the perfect time for her to be by herself. A blackish purple butterfly flew and rested on her headband. "Hello again, my darling Volpina. Remember me? Hawkmoth? I need your help again. I will make you get the revenge you want on Ladybug, and injure that girl who has taken the heart of the person that you love. But in return, you must bring me Cat Noir's ring and Ladybug's earrings!"

Lila smiled. "Of course, Hawkmoth. You are my master." She transformed into Volpina.

. . .

Adrien had followed Lila into the library and hid behind a nearby bookshelf. He heard the girl let out a strangled cry, then a moment later, he heard her saying, "Of course, Hawkmoth. You are my master."

Adrien carefully sneaked his way out of the library, whilst Lila was creating havoc. He rang Marinette. She had gone home with Alya to get a project for the next lesson. "Hello?"

"Hello, it's Marinette. I am sorry that I can't talk right now, but you can leave me a message! Au revoir!"

Adrien sighed as Mari's ringtone was heard again, for about the 10th time.

Adrien: Hey, Mari! I need you at the school, right now! Um alter ego style! HURRY!

Mari: Got ur email. I'm on my way.

Adrien: What about Alya?

Mari: I abandoned her by the toilets, then she saw me as Ladybug and well u know how she is when Ladybug is around!

Adrien: Where r u @ the moment?

Mari: Turn around, Mon Chaton!!

"Ladybug!" Adrien grinned. "Look I need to go and transform."

"Who's our akuma this time?"

"Lila, again. See ya."

Ladybug ran into the library, her yoyo in her hand.

"Hello, Ladybug. We meet again." Volpina cackled.

"Lila, please, you need to stop!"

"Only after you hand me your miraculous!"

"NOPE!!!! Not gonna happen, little fox cub." Ladybug said. The two teens started fighting, yoyo against flute. Ladybug managed to tie Volpina up in her yoyo. Volpina fell to the ground with a grunt. Ladybug towered over her and kicked away the flute. 'I wonder where Chat Noir is.'

Volpina smiled wickedly at the heroine. "Where's your gatto? Did he abandon you?"

Ladybug looked down in disgust. "You did something to him. I know it! Plus, I have a feeling that your akuma is in that ridiculous headband of yours!"

Ladybug grabbed the headband and tried to break it. Unfortunately, it was made of a really tough fibre that was impossible to break by hand. Meanwhile, Chat Noir was facing more than 100 brainwashed people.

"You're an evil man. You're an imposter. What are you doing here?" People called out.

"I have no time for nonsense!" Chat Noir answered. He extended his staff and got on, heading towards the school library.

"Chat Noir, I need you!" Ladybug cried. Volpina had broken loose of the yoyo string, and was stalking towards Ladybug menacingly.

Chat Noir tumbled in from the window. "Sorry I'm late, but I, myself was facing a problem outside!"

"I need you to distract her, Chat Noir."

"On it, my Lady!"

"LUCKY CHARM!!!! A hammer? Oh, I've got this!!" Ladybug placed the headband on a table and hit it with the hammer. The headband shattered and a black butterfly flew out. Ladybug spun her yoyo. "No more evil for now, little akuma. Time to de-evilise!! Gotcha! Bye, bye, little butterfly! MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!!!!!!!!!!" everything was restored back to normal.

"Pound it!" the superduo fist bumped. Lila looked up at Ladybug. "I'll forgive you, Ladybug!"

Inside his lair, Hawkmoth screamed in fury. "I WAS SO CLOSE!!!! VOLPINA ALMOST SUCCEEDED!!!NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

His window closed into darkness once again. "Nuru, I need to succeed! Give me more power. ANCIENT POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!