Chapter 4: The Bracelet

Ladybug leapt up onto the rooftop, still thinking about how to approach Chat Noir with the truth.

"Hello, my Lady! I have a present for you, which I hope values our friendship!"

"Hello, Chat Noir. It better not be something stupid, or something with a pun in it!" Ladybug huffed.

Chat Noir looked down, embarrassed, holding out a little silver box. "I made it myself."

Ladybug went over to him. "If I hurt your feelings before, I didn't mean to." She took the box in her hands, and opened the lid. "Oh, Chat! It's beautiful!" She held a silver bracelet in front of her eyes, examining its beauty. It had 3 charms on it. One was a coin with a picture of a rose and a ladybug on either sides. The other one was a yin yang. The last one was a symbol that she couldn't really make out.

"I thought you might like it!" Chat Noir smiled. He was surprised by a warm hug from her. 'She hugged me!' he thought.

'Well, it isn't anything to dream about you dunce head!' Plagg yelled internally.

"I will wear it forever, Chat!" Ladybug promised.

. . .

Marinette ran to her locker. She was early! -for a start.

"Hey, girl! What's up?" Alya asked the panting teen. "Oh, that is a lovely bracelet! Who gave it to you?"

Marinette said nothing.

"Oh, did Chat Noir turn up at your window again?"

Marinette blushed. "Not exactly-"

"No biggie! Now come on! We need to get to class!"

Adrien and Nino stood by the door. Nino stood up, back straight as he saw Alya dragging Marinette. "Good morning, gorgeous! Hello, Marinette!" he welcomed.

Adrien saw Marinette's wrist flash. 'She's probably got some kind of bracelet!' he thought.

Everyone turned up and piled into class. Nino whispered something to Alya, and the two grinned wickedly. Nino and Alya ran up to Alya and Marinette's usual spot. Marinette looked at the two and sat in the front row, in front of Alya. She whipped out her phone.

M: How could you, Alya?

A: Don't fret, Mari!

M: How can I not? Adrien is going to sit next to me!

A: No biggie!

N: Hey girls! Seriously, Marinette, Adrien is nothing to worry about!

M: You sure?

N: Absolutely!

M: But you're his mate! I am just a random girl from his class, that he probably doesn't like, and thinks is weird!

N: No, you're his friend!

A: He told us!

M: Yeah, right!

N: Hey, Adrien! What do you think of Marinette?

AA: I think she's nice!

N: Do you think of her as a normal student from your class, or a friend?

AA: Friend! What sort of question is that? Wait, is this a private message?

A: No, sorry, Agreste!

AA: It's Adrien, Alya!

M: Hi, Adrien!

Adrien sat down next to Marinette, still on his phone.

AA: No need to send me anymore messages, I'm right next to you!

M: Ach!

The four teens hid their phones as the teacher walked into class.

Adrien had the chance to look at Marinette's bracelet closely. 'No, way! That's the bracelet that I made! There aren't any other bracelets like that in the world! Well, not yet, anyway!'

Marinette had the feeling that someone was watching her. She turned to see Adrien staring at her bracelet. "Oh, um, d-d-do you um, l-l-like it? S-s-someone g-gave it to me."

"Yes, it's nice!" Adrien looked at his shoes. 'Either Ladybug gave it to Marinette because she didn't want it, or Marinette is Ladybug!' He hoped that the second option was right.