INVITATION *

A/N: Just to let you know, that this chapter is the night before the party and that Nathan and Charlotte are now both 21/22 and are currently living together. Just for the update but if I wrote everything it would just slow the story down unnecessarily. Sorry for the sudden time skip. AVH x

*edited *

"Good morning" Charlie chimed, whilst opening the curtains of our living room, exposing it to an unhealthy amount of light. I just moaned and shielded my eyes from the blinding rays of the morning sun. "Someone's in a mood this morning, how long have you been down here anyway?"

I looked at her in annoyance before quickly replying.

"Too long, but I had to finish this episode... or twelve" I looked guiltily back to the television, before she stood in front of it blocking my view.

"Nathan, we were supposed to watch this series together" She complained. Since we have moved in together watching a series together in the morning was apart of our morning routine and kind of made us, well me, wake up at a normal time in the actual morning, instead of my version of the morning.

"I couldn't help myself. I think I have a problem"

Charlie sighed and rolled her eyes at me disapprovingly as she crossed her arms in front of her chest. Her glance slowly moved towards the remote on the coffee table which was separating us both. I followed where her eye line lead; already knowing what she was thinking. 
Was she really going to start a war that she cannot finish? She moved her weight from one foot to equal amounts on both feet and she started to bounce between them ready to strike.

My reflexes were fast, but she was faster she grabbed the remote and she turned away from me I can just imagine the smug, maniacal expression plastered across her face. I saw her thumb hover over the stand by button. 'Don't you dare' I thought to myself. I was unarmed had nothing to retaliate with, expect a random cushion which I was leaning on. But I'm comfortable. I am really about to ruin my position?...

YES!!

I grabbed the pillow behind my back, throwing it as hard as I could at Charlie. Who turned around in shock, keeping her eyes on me and turned the television off.

"Oh. It's on" She warned me, putting her hair up into a messy bun and picking up the only weapon I had and threw it back at me. Missing me some how.

"You throw like a girl" I teased her.

"I am a girl!"

For the first time in about 8 hours I got up,  with numb limbs to once again be reunited with my pillow.

"Really...Really. Is that the best you can do" She was distracted, trying to think of a response I grabbed to remote from her hand and switched it on again. "I win" I'm not going to lie I think that my inner Sméagol came out as I held on to the remote tightly to my chest, hunched over slightly.

"This time Nathan. This time. But you wait I will seek my revenge." She warned, squaring her eyes at me, kitting her arms together and began to walk backwards towards the door, trying to appear threatening and serious but failing miserably; then turning around, taking her hair out and shaking it out allowing it to cascade down her back, giggling to herself, as she left the room.

It was times like this that reminded me of how lucky I was to meet such a person like Charlie. She was the one that made me stay another day here. The one that would never fail to make me smile, make me laugh and make me...well me. She was the one that was still accepting despite everything that had happened over the past years and allowed has me to be the person that I always used to be but was forced to hide away in fear of getting hurt.

She has pulled me through a lot, been a kind of life line for me to cling on to. Look at us now. 5 years later.
Living together and is now the other half that I have been needing to make me feel complete, a whole person again instead of a bunch of broken pieces struggling to stay together. Honestly thinking about it now, I don't know what I would have done without her in the first place.

Buzz...Buzz

Charlie's phone began ringing. I picked it up, looking to see who was calling. A derpy picture of me, Charlie, Noah and Emily popped up as the caller ID. I always loved, yet hated that photo.

"Charlie phone!"

"Coming" She called, returning with a mug and a plate of toast in her hand. "Who is it?" She asked, closing the door with her elbow,  reshuffling the contents on the coffee table to make room.

"Emily" I handed her the phone, staying silent as soon as she took the phone out of my hand.

"Hello?...No were not doing anything tonight, why you ask?... Noah, really?" She said swatting my hand away, without looking at me as I tried to reach for her food. "Who's going to be there?... Oh my god I haven't seen them in ages....Yeah....Ok...." I attempted again to retrieve food to satisfy my hunger. She gave me the same reaction, but this time moved it away from me to the further stage part of the table. "Do you need any help setting up or anything?.... Alright then, see you later hun....Bye" She took the phone away from her ear, finally sitting down next to me.

"What did she say?" I questioned, placing my arm around her.

"Oh just that her and Noah are having a kind of get together party thing with people from school and college and she basically invited us" I tensed at the words that people from school and college would be there. Charlie looked over at me obviously noticing my tension and rested her head on my shoulder knowing that would calm me down a little as she traced circles on my leg.

"Do you want to go? I mean we don't have to. I know what you're thinking and no they are not going to be there Emily assured me about that. But even if they did you know what Emily's like"

"Yeah, I mean it will be so fun to spend the night with people who I hate" I said my voice lined with sarcasm.

"Well you don't hate me?" She winked.

"Well that's debatable" She frowned hitting me around the back of the head "Ok, I guess I deserved that"

"I'll take that as a yes then?" She said pecking me on the cheek and triumphantly reclaiming her plate from the table and handing me a slice.