TRUTH

My phone began to vibrate in my pocket, my first thought was that it was Charlie. We broke away and she gestured for me to answer it. I pulled it out and looked at the screen. Unknown number and no caller ID.

Southcreek ASAP bring the others
KT

I could feel the colour drain from my face and the soft touch of my mum placing her hand on my shoulder concerned in my supper change in demeanour. I told her that I'm going to leave and this I'll speak to her later, and I rushed out of her office not allowing her to ask any further questions as to where I was going. To be honest I didn't want her to follow me, I'm not prepared to lose her again. I did as the message said and told the others where to meet and the did so without questions. Myself, Charlie, Alex, Noah, Emily and Aiden all came, all just as confused as I am. We discussed the ambiguity of the message and thought of several possibilities, but only one seemed most likely...

"Hello stranger, long time no see?" She said. But she seemed different. Her usual fiery persona had diminished, and she seemed helpless, yet she was trying to hide it. So here I am face to face with a situation I never thought that I'd ever see again. How a face can have such an impact on your life or how they can inflict so much fear and paranoia with just one feature. We all knew that this was not a friendly meeting, but had an aura of a confession surrounding it. We all kept our distance, each afraid to tread any closer towards her knowing what she is capable of.

"Are you here by yourself?" Charlie asked slightly forcefully.

"Well I can see that you haven't. Look this is between me and him. So do us all a favour and stay out of this" Katherine sneered.

And she's back.

"Charlie you heard her. Please I don't want you to get hurt. " I pleaded, holding her in my arms. She looked up at me, then down, then stepped back. I watched and waited until I thought that she was far away enough that Katherine wouldn't make another snide comment. I had my back to her and I could still feel her burning holes into the back of my head. I smiled meekly at the group of people behind me. Despite the tense atmosphere the surrounded us I felt some form of comfort from them, like a haven that I could always go back to in any time of need and would always be welcomed with open arms. I took a deep breath and summoned all the courage required to face her again. " I just want one thing from you" I requested.

"And whatever could that be?"

"I want an explanation. For everything."

"I have no idea what your talking about?" She's playing dumb with me. And I can't stand it. This has gone on long enough and there's only so much that one person can take and to be honest with you, I feel that I've passed that limit a long time ago.

"Don't play dumb with me. Tell me why your doing this? Tell me why you are trying so hard to ruin everything for me. Don't you think that you did that enough when we were younger. You are an adult, so start acting like one, have some civility and tell me what the hell do you think you're doing?" I demanded to which she seemed slightly shocked by. There was nothing but silence between us. I stood there waiting for her answer, for her to come up with some elaborate excuse or explanation for her actions. Instead she began to crumble, her fists clenched the end of her top so tight that her knuckles were turning white; she closed her eyes and was biting on her lower lip to try and stay strong, almost like she was at gunpoint or something and being instructed of what to say.

"I need to tell you the truth and...and there is nothing that you can do to stop me from that." She said, pausing frequently as if she was trying to cover up what she is really trying to say, almost like she is having a conversation with someone who can only be seen by her. "So what now you're not going to say anything, are you just waiting for me to slip up then you're going to make yourself known"