NEXT

So what happens now to us. This whole things is just like a mystery or make believe. I bet you anything, that if I went up to someone and told them everything that has happened, they would most likely just laugh at me and say "Your life is just like a movie", then move on. Funny enough, just because things happen in movies doesn't mean that ordinary people like me and you can't go through the same things.

The next few days consisted of the same routine, with the same people. As much as I appreciate all they're doing for me, I can't help feel like a part of independence has been taken away from me. I'm so used to doing things for myself, it's hard to try and follow doctors orders of resting as much as possible. The windows not time when I have face to face contact with the outside world is when I have to take the consistent trip to Dr Gordon or physio.

"So what do you want to watch?" Alex asked me subtly hinting to the box set of Gotham, which is conveniently located next to him.

"Go on then." I sighed and laughed as Alex swiftly jumped from his seat running over to the television. "You really like that show don't you?"

"Just a little, I mean the Penguin, come on. He's pretty well portrayed in this, if I must say s myself." Alex said with a hint of proudness.

"So what are you? Some sort of Gotham expert or-" I began to say, when a scream erupted from the hallway, making Alex and I jump.

"What the?" I question, while Alex shushed me, tiptoeing over to the door to listen.

"It's Charlie" I would've guessed that "I can't understand much, she's doing that weird thing that girls do when they get excited." He paused, whilst I just looked at him baffled, he sighed "You know the whole, 'oh my god' repeated like 50times, the small like squeals that they do....yes...no" I shook my head "you're the one with a girlfriend and even I know more about women then you do" he laughed, I looked away when the door opened and I heard the connection between Alex's body and the door. Ha, karma. Charlie came bursting through with the biggest smile on her face, holding her hands in fists hugging them to her chest and slightly bouncing up and down a little.

"You going to tell us what it is since you nearly knocked me out with the door?" Alex complained, rubbing his head  and walking over to where he was sitting before. Charlie took a deep breath and moved her hand away from her chest.

"Have you noticed that Emily had been gaining a little weight?" She asked, still smiling.

"No" Alex and is said in unison. I swear it's kind of rude to talk about someones weight... or maybe that's just a woman thing, since I know nothing about them. Charlie rolled her eyes before continuing.

"Anyway, don't you think that she looks a little healthier and maybe a bit happier...?" She leaned forward a little expecting us to agree, but instead all she got was blank expressions and exchanged glances between us. "You two are useless. Anyhow Emily's pregnant!" She squealed, jumping up and down a little. "And she's asked us to be the god parents"

"Wow I'm honoured" Alex said placing a hand on his chest, pouting his lips slightly. "I can't believe I'm going to be a parent. Sort of" This earned a looking of disapproval from Charlie, but a laugh from me.

"That's great news! I'm so happy for them. How long have they known?" I asked slowly standing up, with Alex coming to my side to help me. "Thanks mate" he smiled and sat back down, returning to being engrossed in Gotham once again. Charlie then took my hand, as I placed an around her for support. I'm still a little weak on my feet.

"She's known about a month or so, but she said that everything is healthy and ok" Charlie told me "I can't believe that us two are going to be apart of a new life. I wondering what it's going to be like with a child in the group?" She said hugging me.