"I can't believe it, Spike."

"What now, Twilight?" Spike looked up to the alicorn.

"I feel kinda underdressed."

"What are you talking about? That was Rarity's best dress for you!" Spike said, adjusting his jacket.

"An event for the Alicorns of Equestria?! Heck, I'm dressed like somepony who's going to have some Sunday picnic!"

"Twilight." Spike stopped her, as the princess was ready to explode at any minute. "The dress code is strictly semi-formal."

"I hope so." The alicorn looked at her dress. It was maya blue, and the skirt was poofy and covered in faded gold silks. The same silks laced the dress's collar and sleeves.

Her hair was also done differently; in a waterfall braid and with a clip that matched her dress.

And on her was the horn ornament given to her by that nice pony Misty Blossom, who dear readers, will be important in the story.

Anyways, she arrived at the castle in Canterlot.

It would have been more practical of her to stay, but she was uninformed about the event that night.

Once she came, everypony outside backed behind the guards, murmuring to each other.

In front of her were her friends, which may explain their busyness earlier in the day.

"TWILIGHT!!!" Pinkie yelled from a kilometer's distance, causing the people inside the castle to rejoice.

If anything, she was the one whom everyone was waiting for.

She quickly brisk walked to her friends, who embraced her into a group hug.

"Looks like yer finally here, Twi!" Applejack welcomed her.

"This is great!" Fluttershy was happy too.

"You look awesome!"

"Rainbow Dash is right, darling!" Rarity put a hoof behind Twilight's neck. "You really look fabulous-oh!" Then she caught the horn ornament.

"What is it, Rarity?"

"What's this?" She pointed at it in awe. "It suits you!"

"Oh, t-this was a gift from a nice pony who came to visit me earlier." Then the six began to walk inside the castle.

"I think I now have new ideas for my next line!" Rarity squealed, pleased at the idea of more dresses.

"Oh, I just can't believe all this!" Twilight looked inside the castle, seeing all the lights on and everypony inside.

"Ponies and other creatures from all over Equestria came just to enjoy THIS PARTY!!!" Pinkie said, as the music started.

"And it's amazing!" Twilight said. "W-who planned all this?"

"Twilight!" Cue Starlight Glimmer.

"Starlight!" Then the two embraced in welcome.

"Did you plan all this?" The princess asked the unicorn as they let go.

"Well, not all by myself certainly-"

"I'm so proud of you!" Then she gasped. "Oh! And did you manage to finish this week's friendship lesson?"

"I'm sure I did." Starlight then caught Celestial waving at them. "Looks like the other princesses are waiting. You better go, Twilight."

"Might as well," she replied, as Spike got on her back.

Then the two teleported nearby the throne, where the princesses are.