Chapter 3: Plan

She was adamant this time. She would kill him. No matter what happened, no matter if she died herself. Infact she would prefer if she died herself. She had failed both her clan and her family, her only family. Her father would be so disappointed in her. The thought made her cry again in her vulnerable state.

That is what she had been doing after seeing her house burned to the ground and not finding her only family. She, Myshka Khasha, Chief of the dreaded Khasha clan, daughter of one of the best Khasha Chiefs that ever lived had been bawling her lungs out,grieving for her loss but not anymore. Not anymore.

She wiped away her tears, removed her unruly hair from her face, got up from the floor and wiped away the wetness on her legs. Then with blood shot eyes shining, she got out from the last remains of her house and made her way back towards the village. More specifically towards the reason for all her grief, the person who had taken from her everything she ever had.

On reaching the village centre she snatched a sword from a dead soldier and prowled the streets for an enemy one. The first one she encountered tried to capture her but found himself weaponless and in her mercy immediately.

"I'll let you live if you tell me where that bastard Prince has set camp. Or has he even bothered to come here?" She asked him with her sword at his throat in a thick voice, clogged with emotions and exhaustion.

The soldier was a low ranking one, young, maybe younger than her. He didn't tremble with fear but looked pretty shaken. He looked stoically ahead and refused to answer. She rolled her eyes. She didn't have time for this, she still had a Prince to kill.

Slowly running the sword over his throat till the blood flowed out and the soldier screamed thinking he was dying, she grasped his hair in her hand and then brought his face close to hers. There she let him glimpse the terrible fire burning in her through her eyes. The fire that seared right to her soul. The fire that showed no signs of stopping.
"I will kill you and it will be painful. I'll ask you one more time. Where is your Prince?" This time her voice was soft and alluring, almost like it was seducing him,entrancing him, inviting him to his death.

"O..o...on the westside border of the village. He j...j..just reached after th..th..the second regiment. H...he..." the soldier abruptly stopped as the sword was plunged in a little too deep. She took it out from his neck and wiped the blood on his uniform. It wasn't noticeable, red on red.

Then she left the soldier behind in search for her slavation. In search for vengeance.

************************************************************

The village was crawling with enemies who were taking anything they could. It broke her heart to not be able to help the people who were crying and begging for mercy. She slowly and methodically put away all the images around her to further fuel her anger and her hate. Her father had always told her that nothing good ever came out of anger. One should never fight in rage because it made you sloppy guaranteeing that one loses. Her father's instructions were clear in her head.

Yet, at this moment she couldn't care less because she was angry. So angry. Angry at her father for dying and leaving them behind. Angry at fate for playing such a cruel game. Most of all angry at the Prince who destroyed her life.

All this anger she channelled into her body ready to fight and kill. Her body though exhausted was exceptionally trained and rejuvenated itself on her command. It was an extraordinary ability to fight on willpower alone for she had no physical strength left but she had to do it.

Out of sight from the enemies she made her way towards the western border where that bastard had pitched camp. She would have called him a coward but she knew that he wasn't. Tales of his skill in fighting and genius in warfare were well heard of and made into songs by minstrels who came from other countries. Truly his legend was great and had spread throughout the world.

That didn't scare her in the least. She had full trust in her fighting ability even though she was filled with burning hatred at the moment. She figured that she could take him on. After all this was what she had trained for most of her nineteen years.

Right outside the camp there were many soldiers scattered here and there. Not in a very organised manner as there seemed to be some discussion going on about how to divide the war spoils among the lower ranks. You'd think after philandering so many countries they'd have built a system by now. Apparently not.

Seeing opportunity she delved into their midst and took down a few while they were still unguarded. It didn't even occur to her to surreptitiously find the Prince first as that would have made her job easier. In her rage she wanted to cut down every single one of those motherless goats. So she met them head on.

It didn't take long for the soldiers to withdraw their swords and rain down attacks on her. She battled five six at a time, disarming them, killing or injuring them. She did not care. As more blood was spilled more of the pain in her heart eased.

She was going on relentlessly, hair whipping in the wind for it had come undone. She finally realised her folly when more enemy soldiers kept on coming. She knew she would get nowhere like this.

"Where is that coward Prince of yours? Where is that bastard hiding? Bring him here so that I can kill him!" She thundered.

She had no idea that the said Prince had been watching her from afar admiring her form in battle and thinking of ways to possess said form. On her declaration he almost laughed. She wouldn't kill him.
No. That wasn't his plan.

Yes, he acknowledged to himself now. He did have a plan which was why he had gone out of his was to come back and conquer Rubesco. A plan to thwart the plan his mother had made. The plan that would drive his mother mad. The plan made especially to spite her. The perfect plan indeed!

************************************************************

The chapter is a little shorter than usual but it felt right to end it here. So there. ......now what plan has the Prince cooked up? And how does it concern the warrior?

Now I'm confused. Do you'll wanna know the past of the Prince and warrior next chapter or what happens in this present scene next?

Do comment and let me know. Only then will I upload the next chapter....also vote if you like it so far.....as always suggestions to improve are very very welcomed. :-)