Chapter 10: Kiss

Rahara was told that Myshka was behind the guards circle with only the Prince for company,so naturally she thought that maybe the Prince and his wife had already started their wedding night a little early. However when she saw the Prince storm out from the little party, she knew something was wrong,very wrong.

Nitya had just gone to take care of Myshla's sister and Belothra was deep into the festivities. No one could blame her. In the camp it had been only war,training and talks of strategy for months on end. Relaxation time was rare, if any. So it was upto her to see what was wrong and how she could fix it. The Prince would have her head later on if she didn't attend to Myhska. They had strict instructions to care for her to their best abilities. The Prince had been very particular about making her feel comfortable.

Rahara went through the guards to see Myshka on the floor with her head in her hands looking dejected. Small. She felt sorry seeing the little spitfire in that way. She went and stood infront of her. Myshka looked up with a blank expression, her eyes a little moist, her hair in a disarray,she was a mess. Poor darling, Rahara thought.

"Come on Princess, let's go back to the tent." Rahara said softly but imploring, giving a small smile. She offered her hand which Myshka just stared at for quite sometime. Eventually she took it and pulled herself up.

They made their way into the tent where Rahara was surprised to see Belothra decorating the bed with fragrant flowers.

"Oh you're here. I didn't want to call you. You were having such a lovely time." Rahara smiled at her.

Belothra looked away without saying anything. She had been having a lovely time and had looked forward to spending time with her husband, but he was called away by the Prince after he returned to the party. That's what you get for being the Chief Commander of his army. Married for three years and Roorkee was still a mystery to her. So soft and subservient, yet deadly in battle. He never spoke any ill of anybody nor did he bother to give any news. A true enigma. She never knew what was going on in his head.

Rahara pulled Myshka by her arm and made her sit on the bed. Then she opened her hair and combed it again. Belothra sprayed some scents on her and oiled her hands and feet. Rahara washed her face and reapplied her make up. All the while Myhska sat motionless on the bed trying to make sense of all that had happened since morning.

"She's ready." Beamed Rahara.

"Yes she is. Although I can guarantee the make up wouldn't stay much longer." Smirked Belothra.

"Ready for what?" Myshka asked finally snapping out of her thoughts.

Belothra kept smirking while Rahara tried to hide her smile. The poor girl looked scared as it was, she didn't need to add to her misery.

"Your wedding night." Rahara whispered fearing that Myshka's fragile state would break any second. She only hoped the Prince was here.

********************************************************************************

Emtilov had given all instructions to Roorkee about sending a messenger to declare Rubesco free. He had also instructed that they be ready to leave by tomorrow if all preparations were done. Roorkee was beyond surprised. It wasn't like the Prince to give up territory just like that. Something significant had to have happened. In true characteristic nature he asked nothing, though Emtilov knew he could count on him to take care of any questions the rest of the army might have. He would also calm them when they realised that the maidens had been freed and they would get no war prize.

Emtilov dallied at the festivities seeing over minor things, till everyone had gone to sleep and it was just him and a few others cleaning the mess. People were so surprised they were whispering among themselves. He who had conquered the enemy girl made no move to return and bed her, like his intentions were.