Chapter 8: Wedding

Prince Emtilov found it hard to get a priest.He couldn't possibly get married by a heathen native priest. When he couldn't think of any alternative, he decided that his Commander-in-charge of the army would officiate it. After all he could care less if the rites were done properly. All he cared was to get the girl in bed and afterwards presenting to his mother, right?

All the same he found himself to be little nervous about his upcoming nuptials. He wasn't prepared to even find the girl after five long years. Maybe this was Fate's way of saying something. Somehow he found his heart warming at the thought.

Just then he found his Commander-in-Charge, Roorkee coming infront of him with a messenger boy in tow.

"We have managed to conquer the rest of Rubesco,my Prince. You were right, the first thing the King did was send for the Khashas. When he heard that they had already been conquered he gave up by himself. He awaits your arrival at the capital city of Roha." Roorkee informed in a solemn voice. Roorkee was always so, serious and solemn, but deadly in battle. He respected his Prince and was loyal to the core. He was also the closest thing he had to a friend, giving advice when needed but never without being asked. Emtilov truly appreciated Roorkee in his life.

"You have my thanks, Roorkee. We will set out for the capital tomorrow if possible with a small regiment of soldiers and after a few days in the capital we shall sail homewards." Prince Emtilov announced.

Roorkee though very glad to be finally going home showed no outward emotions. It was one more of his qualities.

"Also Prince about the girl I've got some information." Roorkee started. He then dismissed the messenger boy with instructions to convey news of the Prince' arrival in the capital a few days hence.

"Yes I'd like to hear it." Prince Emtilov could hardly contain his excitement. Finally his mystery girl would be a mystery no longer. Tonight when he ravished his sweet wife, all her mysteries would unravel and he would be satiated in every way possible. Maybe then from the next day he would get some peace that he'd been lacking the last five years.

"It seems like there is nothing but praise surrounding Myshka Khasha. Daughter of one of the greatest warriors of history, Makosha Khasha, who was also the last Chief, Myshka is from one of the highest born families of this country, almost royalty herself. Of course the Khashas believe in simple living therefore you wouldn't find them to be arrogant about their status. The Khashas as you already know my Prince, are one of the greatest warrior clans ever known, believed to have descended from the God Khali himself, who is also the patron God of the clan." Roorkee said.

"All that is well and good but I already know about the Khashas. Tell me something about the girl, damn it!" The Prince said impatiently.

"Well, I was getting there. Myshka is the first female Chief of the Khashas and get this, a Chief in the Khasha clan is chosen and not inherited. So her people must have seen something special in her because she was elected when her father died, at the age of seventeen only. I actually wouldn't disagree with them because I talked to the soldiers. That demoness they talked about, the one who practically slayed the whole of our first regiment single handedly was her. With all due respect Prince, I have no idea how you won with her." Roorkee finished. Hw knew only he could get away with saying such things to the Prince.

The Prince smiled.
"Oh I won with her just the way I won this war. I wore her out. Infact if things go accordingly I plan to wear her out some more." He said.

*********************************************************************

When Myshka finally came out of the tent it was twilight. In the soft infused light of the setting sun, she looked ethereal, almost other worldly. The soldiers looked at her twice trying to match the short dirty girl covered in blood and gore to this beautiful maiden.