Chapter 11: Goodbyes

As Myshka contemplated knocking over the Prince, he suddenly withdrew from her lips, from the bed altogether. He looked at her intensely for a moment before he was gone pulling a few sheets with him. He spread them on the ground, made a pillow of his royal coat and was asleep within minutes. Or so she thought, for his back was turned and he breathed slowly. She felt the loss of his weight over herself. Her body had reacted so weird, her emotions were scattered. She was confused yet relieved.

The Prince willed his aroused body to comply, and after a few minutes he relaxed. Sleep never came though. The fact that the object of his desire was a few feet away on a messy bed made it really hard for him. It physically pained him to not go to her but he denied himself. It went against every fibre of his being which had been trained to take. Take what he wanted. By force if necessary. Since childhood that was what he had done, what he had to do. Yet, this time, he couldn't look at those eyes and force himself upon her or even seduce her. He just couldn't. He cursed himself and the reason he had come back here. Women were trouble he knew and this one was the mother of all troubles. He smiled when he remembered hearing it from her own lips.

They call me 'Trouble' behind my back.

Myshka pulled the sheets over her and tried to stay awake incase the Prince tried anything while she was asleep. She still trembled slightly and as the adrenaline wore off, she could feel her eyes drooping. Today, with all the physical and emotional upheavals she'd been unnaturally tired. She didn't realise when she had curled up in the sheets and fallen asleep.

******************************************************************************

When Myshka woke up in the morning with the sunrays caressing her face, she sat straight up. Where was she? Why hadn't Myrrha gotten her breakfast? Why was it smelling so nice? Then she observed her surroundings and it all came back to her.

There was a battle.

People had died.

They lost the battle.

She couldn't find her sister.

She tried to kill the Prince.

She failed.

She was married.

By Khali! She was married!

To the Prince she hated.

Myshka almost choked on her own spit. Her throat was dry. Where was Myrrha? She panicked.
She was a bad sister, a horrible sister. She hadn't once thought of her sister so embroiled was she in her own problems. What was wrong with her, she wondered. She wasn't usually this careless. Just as she made a move to get up from bed the sunlight from the doorway was blocked. She looked up to see the Prince had entered. Seeing his face brought back memories from last night. Despite herself, she blushed. He had kissed her. Her first kiss.

Now, as scandalous as that was, he hadn't done anything else. She was intact, he hadn't even touched her. But why?

The Prince was smirking at her seeing her blush. No doubt knowing exactly what she was thinking. Myshka got up from the bed but made no other movement.

"It's good that you are awake. I was just going to empty that jug of water on you." He said shamelessly.

Myshka found no need to dignify that with a response. Plus, it was too early in the morning for her to think of a witty repartee. So, she just glared at the Prince.

The Prince walked towards her and this time she stood her ground. Coming near the bed, he calmly started opening the bandage on his wound that was on his palm. The one he had gotten from her dagger. Good. Serves him right, she thought.