Chapter 4

Waking up to the sound of soft snores, I opened my eyes and there was my mom. Sprawled out on my bed. My bed.
"What the hell is she doing in my bed?" I questioned to myself. " Did Wilmer and her fall out? Maybe he's away on a night shoot for his new movie? Hmm who knows. Anyway what time is it?"
Reaching over to unplug my phone , I noticed that the time was 07:04. Should I get up? Awh what the heck , I better get up now than fall asleep.
Getting up, I wrapped the duvet around my mom and walked out into the hallway and down the stairs. Making my way into the kitchen , I made myself some toast and grabbed a carton of orange juice from the fridge and poured myself a glass of juice. Sitting at the island in the kitchen, I sat eating my toast whilst scrolling through twitter. Getting my attention was my notifications. I noticed that I had been tagged and mentioned in hundreds of pictures and tweets.
" Hmm, what's going on here?" I thought.
Clicking on one of the tweets , I gasped. " What the heck?" I questioned to myself. " Lauren was right. Shit, how the heck do I address this picture to people?"
Hearing movement coming from the hallway , I quickly locked my phone.  I can't let my mom see this just yet. She'll be asking too many questions.
" Good morning babe." Yawned my mom coming over and kissing my head. "Hey" I returned the greeting.
Popping some toast onto her plate, my mom sat beside me at the island.
" So," I said looking over at her               " Where's Wilmer?"
"Oh he had to leave really early this morning for a shoot."  She replied.
" So you thought to take it upon yourself to sleep in my bed then?" I joked.
Mid bite of her toast and the next thing I know I had the crust of her toast slap bang in the middle of my face.
" This is my house. I decide where I want to sleep. " she replied and with that, she went back to whatever she was doing on her phone.
" Damn , someone's on their period." I remarked and got up and put my plate into the dishwasher.
Opening the back door, I let Batman run around whilst I hopped back upstairs and went to get ready.
Pulling on some jeans and a hoody, I went back downstairs and grabbed my car keys.
" Good luck today!" Shouted a voice from my mom's study.
" Thanks!" I shouted back. " Do you need anything whilst I'm out?"
"No,it's ok, just let me know what time you'll be home at" replied the voice.
Opening the front door I answered " Ok. Love you!" And with that I got into my car and punched in the gate code and drove out.
Driving out onto the road, it seemed that it was quiet. Given the time of the morning, it was unusual for it to be this empty. Driving in downtown LA, the traffic started to pick up. Stopping at traffic lights, I rolled the window down slightly because despite the sun just beginning to fully rise, it was very humid. Glancing to my left , I noticed a few people hovering waiting for the lights to turn green. The silence was soon broke by screaming. And guess what. It was coming from my left. Looking out again, I smiled. The group of people were making their way over to the car.
" Hi!! Would we be able to take a picture with you?" One asked.
Bearing in mind I was stopped at a red light, I suggested " Why don't we just take a group picture because soon the cars will be honking their horns at me." I laughed.
Gathering the small group of people at one side of my car, I smiled for the photo.
" Thank you so much! We love you!" Numerous voices roared into the car.
" Your welcome! And I love you all too!" I replied.
On cue, the lights had turned green. Waving goodbye , I continued to drive to the studio.
The first day in the studio with your client is the make or break day. Either you get along great with them or it doesn't work out and things go down hill from there. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I mean don't get me wrong, spending last night with Lauren was great. But meeting the other girls and spending the next few weeks with them despite not having seen them in over a year was nerve wrecking.  And not to mention that picture that has been speculating around. If this is mentioned to either my mom or the girl's management, then this contract might not go off to a smooth start. With these thoughts swarming around my head, I pulled into the studio carpark and got out. Keeping a low profile , I quickly walked into the building.
Upon entering the building, I signed in and smiled whilst the receptionist rang the girls' studio.
Taking a seat, I picked up a magazine. ' DEMI LOVATO PREGNANT!" Screamed from the headlines. " Jeez I hope not." I thought. But it's safe to say that this picture could make the headlines soon enough and with the way the editors can photoshop a photograph to make it look a certain way, questions will start arising.
" Emily" smiled the receptionist , " the girls are waiting for you in room 10." Gesturing down the hallway.
" Thank you" I replied as I returned the smile.
Walking down the hallway, I could hear laughter already. " How can anyone be as cheery as them at this time of the morning?" I questioned to myself.
Stopping outside their door, I exhaled deeply not knowing I took such a deep breath.
Knocking on the door , I waited outside. Hearing the laughter stop and a hushed silence, I felt sick in the stomach. Deep breaths, deep breaths, ran through my mind.
Watching the door open, the nerves were soon washed away.
" Hi Emily!" Cheered a voice from the doorway. Staring into the brown hazel eyes, I relaxed and leaned in for a hug.
" Hey Camila" I replied as I embraced the hug.
Pulling back, I walked inside the studio. Looking around, I noticed the rest of the girls were either on the sofa or sitting on the ground.
" Emily's here!" Shouted Camila. Laughing , I raised my arm up to greet the others.
After greeting the others, I stopped in front of Lauren and smiled.
" Hey. Again. You glad I didn't stand you up for our first date?" I laughed.
Seeing her eyes bright up as she laughed gave me butterflies in my stomach.
" So far so good Lovato" she smirked and walked over to Dinah.
So far so good? Huh? I thought to myself. What does she mean? I- oh well. I suppose I'll soon find out.
Turning around, I walked over to the station and sat down.
" Alright girls. " I said making eye contact with all 5, " let's hear what you've got so far."