Chapter 8

" Sit down and shut up a second." I said to Natalie who was excitedly dancing at the TV which was blasting music at the front of the bus.
" I'm hanging out with Lauren later and I need you to cover for me." I told her pushing her down on the sofa.
" And what's in it for me?" Questioned Natalie. " No actually. What does ' hanging out' actually involve these days?"

Grabbing a pillow from the sofa, I threw it at her, knocking her phone out of her hands.
" Why do you always have a twisted mindset?" I asked. " We're just going to grab some food after the show and we don't need any security following us to alert any attention. Sooooo , I need you to keep Phil, Big Rob and Armando busy for an hour or so." I added giving her the 'puppy dog'eyes.
Shooting me a dirty look, she bent over to pick up her phone.
" There better be something good in it for me if I was to let not one , but two celebrities out at night , alone , unsupervised. And you need to work on those puppy dog eyes. They're growing old on me." She remarked.
" Look." I said , " you can have anything you want. Anything. In exchange for 1 hour of freedom. We just want to grab some food and not have someone staring down our throats. And I'll text you every 20 minutes to make sure I'm okay. Okay?" I asked , in hope that she would agree.
Getting up to grab a bag of chips , she sat back down again. Facing me , she slowly opened the chips and popped on into her mouth.
Getting annoyed at how slow she was being , I urged her to hurry up.
" Could you maybe hurry up a little? Just so you know , we don't run late and miss the show at the rate you're eating those chips at."
" Hush." She said , batting me away. " I'm trying to think what you could do for meeee." She dragged out popping another chip into her mouth , slowly munching on it.
" I could teach you to eat quicker , maybe?" I sarcastically added.
" Do you want to go out tonight?" She asked , raising her eyebrows. " Okay , I got it." She said , as I watched her eyes light up , instantly regretting what I said.
" You" she added , " can firstly make my life a whole lot easier and get up when I ask you to. No crying about how early it is, but once you hear me pull back your curtains or call you, you don't even think twice about it. You hop straight outta bed. Got it?" She asked.
"Eughhhh." I sighed. " Okay. Thank you." I said getting up off the sofa.
Grabbing me by the wrist, she pulled me back down on the sofa again.
" Ohh no no no. Do not think that I am finished." Stated Natalie.
" Eugh, please Nat." I begged. " You know that, that already is big enough. No need to add any weight onto it."
Reshuffling herself on the sofa, she smirked.
" Well, you did say anything so I'm making the most of it. Okay, so the second thing that I want is for you to compliment me on every one of your soundchecks. Just a little subtle ' btw, Natalie is the best assistant ever so y'all should follow her on Twitter and Instagram. And then you could just promote me then. And lastly, whenever I need anything done, you can be my little assistant as well. So we can be twinning. Now that is all. You are dismissed." She stated waving me off.
Staring at her in disbelief , I opened my mouth in shocked.
Sarcastically , Natalie replied " Close your mouth. You'll soon be catching flies and that isn't very hygienic."
" I ask for one small favour and in return , hoped that you would do the same. But whoa." I stated , lifting myself off the sofa, " You sure do know how to blackmail someone."
Interrupting us, an alarm ringtone bounced off the walls inside the bus.
" Looks like it's go time." Natalie commented silencing the deafening tone.

An hour later I found myself eating lunch alone whilst Natalie had some errands to run. Not that I minded. Having some alone time whilst your day had consisted of constantly being around people couldn't go a miss.
Pulling out my phone, I tried to facetime my mom to fill her in on the daily business but like recently, there was no answer at the other end.
" Typical." I sighed, throwing my phone back down on the table.
" Is there something wrong?" A voice from above me had asked.
Looking up, my eyes were met with those of soft brown origin and I smiled. Camila hovered above me with a tray of food.
" No, everything's ok." I replied.
" Mind if I sit here with you?" Asked Camila and I nodded in response patting the seat beside me.
" Not that it's any of my business but it didn't look like everything was ok." Admitted Camila , a concerned look ran across her face.
Picking at my food, I stopped and sighed again.
" It's nothing really. I'm just making a huge fuss out of nothing. It's just that my mom told me that she would be there at anytime I needed her and everytime I've tried to get in contact with her, she isn't available. And I know I'm just being fussy and I know how hectic her schedule is so just ignore me." I confessed trying to smile it off.
Placing her hand on my shoulder, Camila comforted. " Hey, I totally get where you're coming from. You've every right to feel this way and yeah your mom may be busy but she'll get in contact with you in due time. Don't fret over the small things. If you ever need to talk, you know I'm always hanging around so don't hesitate to come and talk with me. Okay?"
" Thanks Mila." I blushed, feeling slightly embarrassed that I had made a fuss out of nothing.
" Hey, you guys don't mind if we sit with you." Interrupted Normani and in response to Camila waving her to sit down, she placed her tray on the table and was soon followed by Lauren , Dinah and Ally.
" Hi guys. Are you nervous for tonight Em?" Asked Dinah, tucking into her food.
" I nearly passed out before I went on stage for soundcheck. Think how I'll be in an hours time." I said gaining a laugh from the table members.
" And you smashed that soundcheck so I have total faith in you that you will excel even further tonight." Complimented Lauren.
Smiling at her in thanks, I saw Dinah giggle and raise her eyebrows at Normani.
" So Will told us that we have the rest of the night free after the show tonight." Ally stated " and so I thought we could maybe continue on with album? Well that is if you're free."