Chapter 5

Since my mom's show, the week had just flown in. Because I was finished working on Alessia's EP, this meant that I had enough free time to continue working on Fifth Harmony's new album but I didn't want to do too many changes and adjustments without recognition from the girls. Between working on the album to school work , it was safe to say that I'd been kept busy throughout the week. I tried keeping my mind distracted from what Lauren had said at the night of the show but my mind kept drawing back to it.
" Our little secret." She had said with a wink.
I didn't want to over think what she had said but I couldn't help myself. I never had a serious relationship before and as for my sexuality, I wouldn't have put a label on myself. I mean I was drawn mainly towards boys but lately my mind had been going back to Lauren. I knew that I could talk to my mom about this but she would over ask everything and question just about every thought that I had.
And just on cue, my phone lit up. Looking down, I saw Lauren's photo appear on my screen. She was calling me.
" shit, this isn't freaky at all. I wonder what she wants" I questioned to myself.
Swiping over to the right, I picked up the phone and answered.
" Hello, it's me" I sang.
" I was wondering if you would like to head for something to eat?" She sang back.
Laughing, I replied " Yeah sure. Right now or are the girls coming as well?
Hearing laughing in the background and a door close, Lauren spoke. " Yeah the girls are back from their trips home so they're gonna join us. You up for it? We'll be round the front of your house in about 10 minutes? It's our black jeep."
" Sounds good. See you in 10." I replied ending the call.
Jogging to the bathroom, I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair. Throwing on a hoody, I ran back down stairs to tell my mom I was heading out.
Wandering into the kitchen, I saw my mom sitting at the island with sheets of paper surrounding her, her laptop sitting on a pile of sheets and Marissa and Paige sitting beside her.
Hearing music coming from a speaker, I frowned and looked around. Glancing up at my mom, she frowned back and made a face. Pointing to her phone and gesturing a middle finger to it, I laughed. Figuring it was a phone interview for a radio station, I walked over to her waving at the girls.
Muting her phone, I told her that I was going out for something to eat with the girls.
" Okay, be good and safe." She replied kissing me briefly on my forehead. Hugging her back, I turned and as I was walking from the kitchen, Marissa shouted " Be good. Stay safe. Use protection."
Glaring at her, I gave her the finger being met with laughter.
As I fixed my hair in the mirror in the hallway, I heard a horn. Looking at the security monitor, I saw the black jeep. Smiling, I walked out of the front door and was met by Big Rob holding open the passenger door for me.
Jumping in, I thanked him and was met with flashes in my face.
" Smile and say cheese for snapchat!" Shouted Dinah.
" Here, in person, Emily Lovato. Round of an applause guys." Laughed Ally into her phone.
Laughing I sat down in the seat beside Camila.
Side hugging me, Camila smiled.
" Long time no see! I missed youuuuu!"
" Camila, it's been what? 1 week? If even." I laughed.
" She gets attachment issues real quick." A voice from behind had stated.
Turning around, the voice came from Normani.
Smiling at her, Camila frowned beside me.
" I just missed my friend. Is that okay with all you guys?" She huffed.
" Awhhh Mila, it's okay. I get it. You love me. I get this quite a lot." I joked pulling her in for a hug.
" We know someone closer to home that feels the same." Murmured Dinah. Turning around to face Dinah, I had noticed that the jeep had gone quiet and the whole back row had been staring at Lauren. Facing Lauren, I was met with daggers that by the looks of things were for Dinah. If looks could kill , Dinah would be gone and resurrected by now.
Turning my head back around to face the front again, I tried to avoid the tension.
" Something strange is going on." I thought to myself, " and it's making me feel way too anxious."
Noticing my anxious look, Lauren leaned over Camila and whispered " Don't worry about them. They're just being jerks."
Smiling, I nodded.
The rest of the car journey to the restaurant was filled with the girls pretending that they were in a musical, performing to every song that was played on the radio to documenting every moment on snapchat.
Pulling up outside the restaurant, we filed into the building.
Getting a few glances as we walked in, I figured that a few people had recognised us.
Finding myself in the middle of Dinah and Camila, we filed into a booth. Normani, Lauren and Ally were on the opposite side. With Camila and Ally , Dinah and Normani facing each other, that left Lauren and I facing each other in the middle. Not awkward at all aside from the few comments that have been murmured this past week.