Chapter 6

The past couple of days I had spent packing half of my wardrobe into a few suitcases. I wouldn't need that many clothes because on the night of the shows, I would have a dress theme in which my wardrobe team would be managing. And then there's the merchandise which I'll probably lounge around in until show time.
Tickets for my section of the show went out the day after our meeting with Simon. The fans weren't expecting it. Hell, I didn't even expect it although most of the shows have been sold out now with all the meet and greets completely sold out. There was mentioning of opening up the meet and greet number to maybe 50 more but that was to be talked about further on down the line.

Today was the day that I left for tour. Nervous wouldn't be the word to describe how I felt right now. I was excited because this was the first tour that I would be on by myself. I've travelled along with my mom most of the time when she went on tour but now it felt like it was my first step into something new. I mean who knows. Maybe I will release some of my new music. Tomorrow was the official start of the tour with us starting in Arizona and so we had to travel overnight on the bus to get there. Later today I was to meet up with Sean to arrange the onstage positions but I couldn't see myself dancing to anything just yet. After that I would then need to work on figuring out which songs I was going to perform each night. I needed to do this tonight because I needed to give the sound engineers my set list so they can sort out the backing tracks for my set.

Looking at the clock on the wall, I realised that it was 11:30am.
" MOM!" I yelled down the stairs. " It's 11:30. Be ready in 10 because we're gonna be late!"
Gathering up a few chargers , I threw them into my backpack. Looking around my room for any items that I may have forgotten about , I was all good.
" Goodbye room." I whispered silently to myself , " See you in a few months." Before shutting the door.
Lugging my suitcase in one hand with two massive gym bags on either shoulder plus a backpack on my back wasn't easy.
" WILL" I shouted down the stairs. " Can you help me carry these bags to the car?"
Hearing the footsteps running up the stairs , I sighed in relief.
" Thank you. I thought I was either heading head first down the stairs or my arms would fall off."
" haha" laughed Wilmer " I got you. Go ahead and leave the rest of the bags by the door and I'll leave them out to the car. You can go and get your mom before she leaves us all running late."
Thanking him, I ran down the rest of the flight of stairs and found my mom in her office.
" Hey, Will's just leaving the bags to the car and then we should be-" I stopped.
Looking over at my mom, I noticed she hadn't budged and I could hear soft, almost silent sobs.
" Hey" I said walking over to where my mom sat.
" What's the matter? Is everything ok?" I asked worried.
" Yeap." Sniffled my mom through her tears, wiping away the stray tears that raced slowly down each cheek. " I just I - , I , you're just growing up so fast and now you're leaving for 2 months. And you know how things are between Wilmer and I right now and-. No. I can't be saying these things right now. You're going on your first tour! Alone!" Smiled my mom. " And I couldn't be any more proud of you right now! Come here."
Embracing the hug I couldn't help but feel a bit saddened and worried about leaving my mom here.
" Everything's gonna be fine ok? You are going to facetime everyday." I reassured my mom " and of course you're going to see me as many times as you can on tour. And one last thing." I reminded myself, possibly the most important thing , " do not forget to take your meds. Please." I said concerned looking into my mom's eyes.
" Babe." Commented my mom " I have everything under control. Look mija, I know you're worried but how long have I been fighting now? Huh? I'm not going to give up. Okay? Now let's get going before we miss your bus and you'll have to stay here all summer instead with me. What a bummer eh?" Reassured my mom, wiping away her tears and patting her eyes to fix her running mascara.
Wrapping her arm around me, we walked out of her office and towards the car.
" All set my girls?" Smiled Wilmer.
" Yeah." I said smiling at both of them. " Let's get going."