Chapter 14

Swinging my legs over the bunk , I jumped down and tiredly stumbled to the front of the bus. Hearing a commotion at the door, I walked over to where I was met by Dinah holding open the door for Natalie who was climbing the steps.

" Why aren't you dressed? Emily! Look at the time! We've slept in. The car is already waiting outside and you aren't even dressed yet." Exclaimed Natalie , taking in my ' just woken up' appearance.

" What?" I replied back , squinting my eyes at her. My voice was so deep conveying the message that I was still half asleep.

" Do you ever look at your schedule or am I your mother as well?" Natalie had shouted in a low voice , careful not to wake up the rest of the bus from their slumber and pushed her way to the whiteboard where the timetables were placed.

" Nothing is up on the board. I made sure to look last night before I went to bed." I explained , pointing to the blank board.

Looking over at Dinah , it was evident that she was still asleep and her face of confusion had told me that she wasn't taking anything in that was going on around her.

" Fuck I must have forgotten to write it up. It must have slipped my mind." Natalie admitted, rubbing her temple.
" Why are you still standing there? Go put some clothes on!"

Saluting her, I hurried to my bunk where I grabbed a pair of jeans and a top before rushing to the back room to get changed. Running to the bathroom, I quickly brushed my hair and teeth before pulling on my shoes. Not having time to tell Lauren where I was going as Natalie was constantly shouting at me to hurry up, I grabbed my phone and followed her to the front of the bus.

Noting Dinah standing beside Natalie fully dressed, I paused.

" Dinah, you do realise the time don't you?"

" Don't even start. Let's just leave before madam here pops another vein."

Walking out of the bus, a black car was parked immediately beside it. With Natalie walking around to sit in the front passenger side, Dinah and I had the back to ourselves.

" Why are you coming with us?" I whispered.

" I feel bad because I'm the one that made you stay up last night. Well technically this morning but you know what I mean so I'll be tagging along for moral support. And some breakfast afterwards." She whispered back shrugging her shoulders.

Shaking my head in response, I paused.
" Natalie, where exactly are we going and why do you have us up this early?" I asked, forgetting to ask what she had planned for us.

" I forgot that Casey had booked you in for an interview today for " CleverTV." It was last minute and as usual I only got the email before you went on show last night because of this stupid wifi signal so it slipped my mind."
Turning around in her seat to gain a better look at me, she added.
" You don't look half as bad anyways so a little touch up should be okay. Aside from looking like you got no sleep which I'm not even going to ask why but I'm assuming that this is why Dinah is tagging along in guilt." Before raising her eyebrows and turning back in her seat.

Rolling my eyes and gaining a face pulled by Dinah, I quickly text Lauren to inform her where we were going before she woke up and noticed that we weren't on the bus.

Looking back at Dinah, she had her eyes closed and rested her head on the head rest behind her. Figuring I could do with a few extra minutes of rest, I too mirrored Dinah.