Chapter Two:

Previously on His Last Hope:

There was another flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder. People passed as Hope and Aiden stood together, hugging. Suddenly, the canopy blew off, soaking them to the skin. Despite the cold rain drenching them through, Aiden and Hope continued to embrace, blocking the rest of the world out.

"Well, well, well, look who rolled back into town after all this time."

Hope and Aiden broke apart and Hope turned around, stunned.

******

Chapter Two:

Hope continued to stare and her heart thudded painfully as past feelings came back to haunt her.

"Hope?" Aiden murmured as he squinted in the heavy rain, "Hope, who's that?"

"What's the matter, Hope? Cat got your tongue?" 

Hope shook as the cold took a hold of her so suddenly.

"Hope?" Aiden tried again, but he was ignored.

"Come on then, don't stand there gawking at me."

Hope blinked and followed the woman, who walked under a large umbrella she was carrying. Her heart thudding, Hope was relieved when Aiden grabbed her hand and walked with her, following the blonde woman. Finally, they walked in what seemed to be a bar. 

Hope watched as the blonde before her put her umbrella down and folded her arms.

"So."

"So..." Hope mumbled.

"Three years. I have seen no hair nor hide for three years. Where the bloody hell have you been, sweetheart?"

"Here and there."

"Where exactly is here and there?"

"London. Rome. Sydney. India. But mainly London."

The blonde nodded.

"Why didn't you keep in touch? I missed you." 

"You know why, too much had happened the last time I was here. But I don't blame you for what happened. I never did." Hope looked back at Aiden and sighed before adding, "I missed you too."

The blonde nodded and glanced at Aiden.

"Aren't you gonna introduce us?"

"Aiden, this is my aunt." Hope mumbled. "Bekah, this is my boyfriend, Aiden Black."

"So you're the boy who has stolen my little girl's heart?"

Hope froze and then she turned around to see her father standing there. She looked back at Rebekah, nervous and angry.

"Did you tell him I was here?" 

"Oh, she had no need to tell me. I have eyes and ears all over my town," Klaus spoke and his eyes glinted as he stared down at Aiden, who faltered slightly.

"He's still your father, whatever you may think of him." Rebekah said with a sad smile.

Hope gritted her teeth and avoided looking at her father.

"Aren't you going to give your old Dad a hug?" Klaus asked Hope with a smile.

"Over my dead body," Hope snarled. 

"Sweetheart-" Klaus sighed. "I'm your father, you need to talk to me."

"You are not my father!" Hope snarled. "Uncle Elijah was more of a Dad than you ever were! What kind of a father wishes his daughter dead?"