Chapter Eight:

Previously on His Last Hope:

"Here I am." Hope smirked. "Now, the last I heard, you were dead along with your weasel of a brother."

"Hm, seems not." Aurora shrugged. "So, it's been, what, 19 years since I killed Cami?"

"Don't you dare say her name." Hope threatened.

Aurora giggled, riling Hope up.

"What's the matter? Do you miss her?"

"Shut up."

"She was pathetic. She couldn't even hack it, being a vampire."

"Shut up!" Hope yelled as she sped at Aurora but the redhead snapped her neck.

She looked at down at Hope's body and chuckled. A few seconds later, Hope's phone rang.

"Ah," Aurora smirked as she picked it up and saw it was Klaus. "Daddy's worried about you, princess." Pocketing the phone, Aurora took out her own. "Hey," she drawled seductively, "I have a little surprise for you, you're gonna love it."

Hope lay on the floor, still dead.

*******

Chapter Eight:

"What did you do to her?"

Aurora looked at Hope, who was tied up in a chair, her head bowed down.

"Nothing much," Aurora shrugged as she fished out Hope's ringing phone. "Ugh, leave her alone, Klaus." She cut the call off and put the phone back in her jacket.

"Nevermind Klaus. Sister, she is covered in blood!"

"Oh, shush, Tristan, you were always a whiner. Pretty sad nothing has changed."

"This was not a part of our plan!" Tristan snapped. "We were supposed to immobilise her and take her with us." 

"That's what I did, but I just added a little something extra and tortured her." Aurora looked at Hope and chuckled. "Sleeping beauty is still out."

"How dare you go against my command!"

"Why-how could you feel something for this- this foolish little girl?!" Aurora looked at Hope. "She's just another blonde bimbo!"

"Why wouldn't I? She's destined for greatness and I want to be a part of it. It's not rocket science, sister."

Aurora smiled.

"And here I was, thinking you were in love with her."

"She will be mine and she will reciprocate those feelings." Tristan spoke as he looked at Hope. "She'll have no choice but to do so. For your information, Hope is the smartest blonde to ever grace this pathetic planet."

"She's too young for you, brother."

Tristan scoffed before he walked towards Hope and lifted up her chin.

"She's covered in blood, and she hasn't healed." Tristan looked back at his sister. "What have you done?!"

"I just used some wolfsbane and witch hazel and injected her with it. I wanted her to be subdued, you know how feisty she can be."

Tristan chuckled as he ran his finger along Hope's jaw.

"Sister, I trust you will look after her? If I see another scratch on her, I will kill you."

"Why?" Aurora asked softly. "Where are you going?"

"I need to see to the preparations." Tristan kissed his fingertips and pressed them on Hope's lips so softly that Aurora was envious. Tristan stepped back before he sped out.