Chapter Six:

Previously on His Last Hope:

"I kinda remember, why are we talking about that poisonous bitch?"

"She's back, love." Klaus murmured.

Hope dropped the can. Colour from Hope's face drained as past feelings resurfaced and the scars on her back tingled.

"And she's not alone." Klaus said. "Tristan is here too."

Hope shook.

"No...no..." Hope whispered. "How is that possible? I thought they were killed."

Klaus frowned.

"Love, what's the matter? You're shaking."

"Oh, God, please no," Hope whispered as her eyes watered. She looked at Klaus. "He was the one who-" Suddenly, Hope's eyes widened. "I have to leave. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have come back. Oh, God. I need to leave." Scrambling for her jacket, she sped out before Klaus could even say anything.

*********
Chapter Six:

"I've found her."

"Is she okay?"

"She seems...sad."

"Poor baby. I'll be there in 2 mins."

"No, no. You stay at home. I'll handle it."

"If you're sure?"

"Of course, I'm sure, she's my daughter!"

"Okay, but don't screw this up, Nik. Please don't drive her away. We only just got her back."

"What do you take me for, sister?"

There was a pause.

"Do you really want me to answer that?"

"Point taken, Rebekah, I'll see you later."

"I mean it, Nik, don't hurt her."

Klaus rolled his eyes and cut the call off. He looked into the distance before walking over.

"Hey, love."

Hope looked up.

"What's up?"

"Why are you looking so miserable? You look exactly the way you did when Kol accidentally on purpose damaged your teddy bear."

Hope smiled.

"Mr Teddington. God, I loved that teddy bear."

"You carried it everywhere," Klaus smiled.

*Flashback to when Hope was 1 years old*

"She won't let go of that ratty old thing," Hayley sighed as she straightened up after trying to coax her daughter into giving the dirty teddy to her. "Maybe you can try." Hayley stepped back.

Elijah smiled as he stooped down to his niece.

"Hello, princess. Let's throw that silly old teddy away and your uncle Elijah will buy you a new one. How about it, darling?"

Hope gurgled as she held onto the teddy, refusing to let it go. 

Elijah sighed as he too, stood up.

"Rebekah. You try."

"She'll listen to me," Rebekah smirked. "My little Hope, why don't you give me that teddy? Huh? I'll buy you the biggest teddy ever made? What do you say, darling? Auntie Bekah will get you the best teddy, yes, she will!"

As if in protest, Hope clutched her teddy bear closer.

"Ugh," Rebekah groaned. "I give up. She won't give that tatty teddy up."