Chapter Thirteen:

Previously on His Last Hope:

"I'm so lucky to have you."

"It's the other way around." Aiden murmured into Hope's shoulder. His eyes turned black remained so for a few seconds before they turned back his usual chocolate brown. "I'm lucky to have you..."

Hope smiled and looked up at him.

"Let's go home?"

"Which home, love?" Aiden asked.

Hope thought for a moment before she spoke.

"Mikaelson Mansion."

*******

Chapter Thirteen:

"So, you decided to stay?"

"Yes," Hope smiled. 'If you'll have me...?"

"You made the right choice," Klaus smiled as he held his arms open. "You're always welcome here, princess,'"

"Thanks, Dad."

"So, you decided to stay then? Again?" 

Hope smiled.

"Just like keeping you on your toes, uncle Lijah,"

Klaus smiled as he looked at her.

"Where is Aiden?"

"Why? You're not gonna-"

"I'm not gonna do anything," Klaus chuckled, "As your mother pointed out last night, I owe him an apology."

"You actually listened to what I said?" Hayley asked as she walked into view.

"You are right, even if you are a pain in the arse, Hayley," Klaus smiled. "So, Hope. Where is he?"

"With Freya," Hope said. "She's showing him the old relics."

"Fascinating," Hayley murmured and Elijah chuckled. 

"Better him than me. Anyway, so my friend, Lucy, she's in town and I was hoping she could say here,"

"Oh, sure," Hayley smiled. 

"Great! Thanks, mum," Hope smiled.

"Who is this Lucy?" Klaus asked suspiciously.

"No one you know, Dad, trust me."

Klaus smiled. "Princess, you do know I have the whole of New Orleans in the palm of my hands? I can find out everything about this Lucy before tea time."

Hope was unimpressed. "Fine, fine. She's a witch friend I met back in Pennsylvania. Happy?"

"Not particularly," Klaus murmured. Hope remained quiet. "Love-"

"No, Dad. I know you have animosity and are suspicious of any friend I make, but Lucy didn't do anything to you, she's a lovely girl. She actually saved Aiden's life when we were attacked."

Klaus' demeanor changed. "Attacked? When?"

"Niklaus, don't," Elijah murmured and Hayley rolled her eyes at Klaus.

"A couple of years ago. Some girl was making a move on Aiden. I told her to back off. She tried to bite me. Turns out she was a vampire,"

"Was?" Hayley asked. "Past tense, honey?"

"Yeah, um, Lucy killed her after she had intervened and was bitten."

"Why did Lucy save you?" Klaus asked skeptically. "Why would a witch help the daughter of the oldest and first hybrid?"