Chapter Eleven:

Recap:

"Yeah, and I'm sorry I made you worry. But why exile Aiden?" Hope paused. "Oh, my God. Exile. You haven't...?" When Klaus shook his head, Hope sighed. "I don't believe this. You promised not to interfere, not after last time." Hope swung on her jacket and sped out.

"Well done, Nik," Kol said cheerfully and he walked out.

Klaus scowled, tempted to snap Kol's neck.

Freya looked disappointed.

"I'm gonna try to make her see reason." Freya sighed as she sped away, Vincent and Marcel following.

Klaus looked at Elijah, his mouth open, but Elijah did not care to hear his younger brother out.

Finally, Klaus turned to Rebekah, who refused to meet his eyes. Hayley waited until Rebekah was gone. Finally, she spoke.

"If she refuses to talk to you, it's your own fault, Klaus." Hayley said to Klaus before she walked out.

Klaus scowled silently. He looked down and sighed, feeling worried that he had lost his daughter for good.

********

Chapter Eleven:

Running faster than the wind, Hope looked around, her heart thudding as she listened out desperately. Aiden, please be okay, please be okay...feeling sick in the pit of her stomach, Hope came to sudden stop. Her phone buzzed. Glancing at it, she groaned.

I'm sorry for my brother's actions, please come home. We're getting worried. xxx

Quickly replying to Rebekah's text, Hope pulled her jacket closer and carried on walking before deciding to take a detour across the bayou. She had just reached the bayou when she stopped.

"Whatever you've got to say, I don't want to hear it."

"We all know your father is a pompous asshole but he means well,"  Marcel said.

"Since when were you Dad's biggest fan?"

"Since I know how much he loves you. Hope, don't you understand how lucky you are, Hope! You have a loving family, wonderful friends, a home. You have it all, being the daughter of the world's oldest hybrid. Many would kill to be in your position."

Hope faced Marcel, Freya and Vincent, the latter of whom were watching her silently.

"Just how I would kill to have a normal family. A mother and a father. Maybe even siblings." Hope sighed. "Why does he always mess things up?"

"He doesn't mean to, my beautiful angel," Freya smiled as she walked towards Hope, tucking her hair behind her ear. "Hope, your father loves you very much, he just doesn't know how to show it or what it even means."

"Will he ever?" Hope scoffed.

"He will, I'll make sure of that, my child."

"It's so unfair," Hope whispered, her fists curled up into balls. "Dad knows how much Aiden means to me yet he just..."

"There's no point getting all worked up, sis," Marcel said. "We all know Klaus can be a bastard but he loves you."

"If you say so," Hope mumbled. "I need to find Aiden. I'll see you all at the house."

"Let us help." Vincent suggested.