Chapter Three:

Previously on His Last Hope:

"Since when did you care what your father thinks?" Kol asked with a smirk.

"Since I want to stay in New Orleans and build a life here." Hope looked at Kol. "So, looks like I'm staying."

"Good!" Kol reached over the table and put his hand over hers, grinning. "Now, darling, we will be unstoppable."

"Too right, uncle Kol." Hope smiled, squeezing back.

Their drinks arrived and the uncle and niece raised their respective drinks.

"To family and new starts." Kol toasted.

"Family and new starts." Hope drained her glass in one go.

*********

Chapter Three:

"So what made you change your mind?" Aiden asked as he watched Hope rummage through her suitcase. "Last night you were all ready to leave this place. What's changed, Hopey?"

"Damn, I knew I should've packed everything from London." Hope groaned. "I can't find my dress, you know, the one I wore to Penny's party." She looked at Aiden and chuckled. "Oh, I thought that after that long flight, we might as well stay for a short while."

"A short while or longer than a while?" Aiden asked.

Hope chuckled as she walked towards Aiden.

"What would you say if I said we're staying put for now?"

"Well," Aiden pulled her into his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist, "I'd say you're nuts but I'd support you because that's what boyfriends dso."

"Aw." Hope giggled. She rested her head on Aiden's shoulder and sighed. "I'm scared, Aid."

"Scared about what?" Aiden asked gently.

"I'm mainly scared for you. I mean, you're human. They could easily kill you. My father. He is a monster. You don't know him like I do. A lot of people don't know the real him."

"If I remember correctly, baby, you can hold your own," Aiden murmured.

*flashback to 1 year ago*

"Stay close to me," Hope whispered as she looked around the dark alley.

"What's going on?" Aiden whispered in Hope's ear.

"They've found me. I don't know how, but they've found me."

"Who?" Aiden asked urgently. When Hope didn't respond, Aiden shook her gently. "Who's found you, babe?"

"The-" Hope was cut off when she was grabbed from behind.

"Hope!" Aiden yelled out but he was pinned by two men. "Let me go and I'll fucking smash your teeth in!"

"Who are you?" Hope asked as a beautiful red head walked towards her.

"Are you Hope Mikaelson?"

"Who are you?" Hope asked again and she gasped as someone behind her pulled her head up. "Let us go or I swear to God-"

The red head laughed. Suddenly she was yanked away by an invisible force.