What Happened?

3 years later

My eyes fluttered open. I felt sore all over, and I was hungry and tired like I had been caged and starved for a few years. I felt something wet hit my arm, then a few more until it was pouring down making me drenched. I realized it was raining.

"Where am I?" I asked myself.

I looked up and saw the entrance gates to a grave yard. What am I doing in front of a grave yard? How did I get here? Wasn't I being chased by scary looking men a second ago?

I turned to my side, but that was a big mistake. I stop myself from puking. It was my parents, they were pale and had cuts all over them. There was a big "X" sown across both of their chests as if they just came out of an autopsy. Wait... autopsy? Since when did I learn that word? I thought I was only six years old. I went closer to my parents and grabbed their hands. Ice cold; they were probably dead by now.

My hands were bigger. When I compared them to my parents they used to not even be 1/4 the size of their hands but now I surpass that measurement. Surpass? Another big word. Where did I learn these things from?

The rain poured even harder than I could imagine, making everything on me seem heavier and things around me even gloomier. As I washed the last of the dried blood from my parents' bodies, I noticed my reflection in the puddle of water next to me. Looking back at me, I saw a girl who was crying with hair soaked due to the rain. This girl was me. I looked down at my clothes and I saw a hospital gown. Why was I wearing this? I didn't recall being in a hospital.

I stood up, but my legs started shaking. I felt weak, but I managed to stay standing. I slowly walked closer to my parents and reached out to grab their hands once more. It was easier than I thought it would be. I dragged them into the graveyard, hoping to give them somewhat of a proper burial. As I walked, I saw a boy who looked like he was about nine years old with an older man who seemed to be in his early twenties standing next to him, both gazing solemnly at a grave. I paid no more attention to them and continued to walk, arriving at a small building in the back of the yard.

"Hello little missy, can I help you with something?" an old man sporting a butler's outfit with a shovel in hand.

"Can I have two spots here please?" I asked.

"Well I'm not judging or anything, but it looks like you have no money."

"I don't," I said, looking down. Before he could say anything more, I continued. "Please sir... I don't know where I am. Or how this happened." I  said while looking at my parents' corpse. "Please," I pleaded.

"What is going on here?!" a woman's voice yelled.

She gasped when she saw me.

"Why are you carrying corpses, young lady?!" she questioned.

"She wishes to have two burial spots." the man answered for me.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am the one in charge of this place," she answered.

"Then who are you?" I asked the man.

"I am Alfred Pennyworth."

The woman intercepted the conversation, "I'm sorry, but I believe you wouldn't be able to pay, so get out."

I couldn't handle this anymore. I bursted into tears. What do I do? Where do I go? Who can I go to?

"Excuse me, Madame, but I believe I can do something to help with that," Alfred said to the woman.

He handed the lady a lump of cash. After they did a little bit of talking, they grabbed two caskets and after an hour my parents were buried. Before I could thank Alfred, he was no where to be found. It was as if he disappeared into thin air.