Chapter 3

Previously:

"(Y/n), I have an offer for you. Would you like to be my daughter?" I asked.

She looked at me like she just won a lottery. How bad could it be? She's an ex acrobat, 9 years old girl, what the joker's got his eye on, with no memory of the last 3 years, but the problem was Dick. He was looking at me as if I just killed someone.

...I think he's been on too many missions...

(Y/N)'s POV

Did he just asked me what I think he just asked me? I'm so happy!

"Yes please!" I pleaded.

"NO!" Dig yelled.

Wait, what? Why is my best friend rejecting me like this? My eyes started to get watery.

"W-why?" I stuttered with a broken voice.

Dig looked a bit uncomfortable seeing me like this. Must be really awkward for him.

"Um, Bruce, can we talk? In the kitchen, please?" he quickly said, grabbing my potential father's hand and pulling him away out of the room.

I was shocked and looked up at Alfred with sad, worrying, and doubtful eyes.

"Don't worry miss, young Master Dick is probably just being silly," Alfred said reassuringly.

Bruce's POV

Dick kept pulling me by my sleeve until we reached the kitchen.

"Dick, would you care to explain?"

"If she's my sister, then I can't marry her! Duh!" he sassed.

Oh, so that's why he was more than excited than a normal friend would be.

"Well, would you rather have her put in an orphanage then kidnapped by Joker? Or would you rather have her safe and keep her protected?" I countered back.

Poor kid already had his first romance story.

"I promised to protect her and that's what I'm going to do," he said determinedly.

That's my little warrior even though he insists calling himself after a bird...

Your POV

They came and I quickly wiped my tears away.

"I'm sorry (y/n), you can stay," Dig smiled giving me a hug.

Soon after, we got all the papers done and I was finally adopted by Bruce Wayne. They settled me in a room near my now dad's room, but not too near, so I couldn't hear what was going on in there. Mr. Alfred said it was so him and his "partners" can talk "business", but I know you don't "talk" business in the bedroom, plus I heard Bruce Wayne is a billionaire playboy. (A/N: I bet he brings his lady partners in there to do them all night if you know what I me- Ew, I'm gross! >~<)

After some debating, my name was no longer (y/f/n) (y/l/n), it was (y/f/n) Wayne, considering that Dig got to keep his last name.

A week passed since I started living with them.

"Hey Dig, what happened to your mom and dad? Why are you living with Bruce?" I asked.

He got quiet. He explained how his parents died during an act because of a bad man and how Bruce was there at the exact same moment when he witnessed it, so he took him in. I felt for the gadget Alfred gave me and pressed the button as I hugged Dig. It calls for Alfred whenever I'm in trouble. Alfred came in with some cookies and milk (A/N: I almost said Kookie, if you didn't get it, that's a nickname of a member from BTS which is a kpop group. His real name is Jungkook, so I might make the reader interested in BTS at some point of the story, sorry if you don't like kpop, but too bad ._.) and Dig's face lit up, forgetting about the previous conversation.